Tallahassee Sports Bar

Florida

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tallahassee Sports Weekend Review

What a great weekend for Sports in Tallahassee. The Titans made league history by becoming the first team to defeat the Reading Express on the road, the Seminoles defeated Miami in an OT thriller in Miami, The Seminole Baseball team sweeps another opponent, to improve to 17-0, setting a new school record for the best start in history, and both men and women Rattlers defeat Bethune-Cookman College on the hardwood.

Keep up the good work Tally!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't do an update for last weekend. I was a bit depressed at the Titan's losing to Mississippi by 4 points because of the 7 failed extra point attemps. I'm glad they've got a new kicker as they enter this week's game against Montgomery. Two Capital Cities will battle it out tomorrow here in Tallahassee at the Civic Center at 7 o'clock. Everyone should attend.

FSU baseball's best start ever is now up to 21 games and running as they've started the weekend off with a 7-6 victory over Wake Forest in a ACC opening Nail Biter. Hopefully by weekend's end we will have extended this streak even more. Cross your fingers Tallahassee.

NCAA news isn't that great for our FAMU rattlers. Their performance during Tuesday's initial NCAA game was probably due limited rest, after having defeated Deleware State over the weekend for the MEAC Championship. Nonetheless, we're excited for the Rattler basketball program and wish them all the best next year!

FSU has kicked off it's Football Spring practice, and Bowden reports the inital day was satisifying. Players seem "pumped" about working with the new coaching staff.

Sorry I didn't do an update for last weekend. I was a bit depressed at the Titan's losing to Mississippi by 4 points because of the 7 failed extra point attemps. I'm glad they've got a new kicker as they enter this week's game against Montgomery. Two Capital Cities will battle it out tomorrow here in Tallahassee at the Civic Center at 7 o'clock. Everyone should attend.

FSU baseball's best start ever is now up to 21 games and running as they've started the weekend off with a 7-6 victory over Wake Forest in a ACC opening Nail Biter. Hopefully by weekend's end we will have extended this streak even more. Cross your fingers Tallahassee.

NCAA news isn't that great for our FAMU rattlers. Their performance during Tuesday's initial NCAA game was probably due limited rest, after having defeated Deleware State over the weekend for the MEAC Championship. Nonetheless, we're excited for the Rattler basketball program and wish them all the best next year!

FSU has kicked off it's Football Spring practice, and Bowden reports the inital day was satisifying. Players seem "pumped" about working with the new coaching staff.

Exactly! If our kicker hadn't been hurt versus the Mudcats the Titans would be 6-0. Regardless, 5-1 and second in the South Division is not too shabby. Next up for the Titans are the Florence Phantoms. They are currently 1-4 and the Titans if they stick to their gameplan should beat them. I can't wait until Saturday night!

• 2 weeks later...

Final

Titans ..................... 75

Mudcats................... 80

Notable: The Referees did not honor the 1 minute rule and allowed the clock to run off more than 30 seconds in the final minute of the game. Their failure to call the 1 minute rule forced the Titans to waste a Timeout. The Titans scored with 38 seconds to go, but Failed to convert the On-Side kick and the MudCats ran out the clock as the Titans used their final two timeouts.

I agree Monti! Despite the series sweep, I still think the TITANS are the best team in the league. Each of these two losses to Mississippi have come on some contarversial calls. Especially Saturday's game. The referees totally ignored the 1 minute rule, which was the primary reason Mississippi was able to score against the Titans during the final minute of their game here in Tallahassee.

Archived