Tallahassee Sports Bar

Florida

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

The Noles win the Track and Field National Championship! This makes it the second consecutive win they have achieved for all of you out there who dont follow Track that close, seeing as it is the most under appreciated sport in the United States. Tallahassee.com has plenty of coverage on it for once so go check it out!

Congrats to the FSU Men's Track and Field team. What a tremendous accomplishment.

The Titans fell out of the play-offs today. I think this was a marvelous season.

Perhaps next year they can get someone less emotional to call the games on the radio for them. "Doc" or whatever his name is, sounded defeated from the time I started listening until the end.

None the less, Great job!

Also, great job to FSU baseball team despite the fact that they've suffered their usual fate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I dont know about you all, but I am getting very excited about the upcoming college football season. It will be interesting to see how the Gators come back after a stellar season last year. So, I thought I would ask you all who your favorites are to win it all this year. Here's mine:

Going with my heart: I'll pick the Gators to repeat!

Going with my head: Im going to stick with the SEC, but it will be our friends/rivals to the west. LSU is going to be tough this year, very tough.

My cinderella team of the year: Watch for USF to have a big season in the bis east. They're QB is impressive, and theyre defense should keep theyre opponents scoring down. It will be good for Florida football (and I mean state of, not university of! :))

I still think UF will make a BCS bowl though ;)

If FSU can't win the whole thing which looks unlikely this year, I sure don't want UF or even an SEC school to win it. Hey I've got an Auburn family that won't shut up about the superiority of the SEC, so I don't need to add more fuel to their fire.

I also don't know how I feel about the commuter schools (USF etc) rising in the ranks of 1A football. Can't really explain my feelings on that except to say I'm FSU/UF/Miami biased.

I don't mean to be so nasty, it's just when it comes to sports, I am this way otherwise I'm a pretty nice guy...well if you're not driving slow in the fast lane of traffic. I must get this nasty sports gene from my mother. She's now 83 four foot ten and is very sweet and gentile until it comes to sports. She'll make your ears burn when Auburn is on TV or when Alabama is too..of course rooting against them. At their place of business, she rags on the Alabama fans that wear their shirts into the store that now most do not or at least apologize to her from wearing it. Way back when my brother was a HS basketball "star," my father refused to sit w/her at the games b/c she yelled at the ref. so much.

Genetics, it's a tough thing to fight, but I'm trying.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived