Tallahassee Sports Bar

Florida

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If FSU is good enough, we may win some of those games. If not, life goes on. :) I used to struggle so much with these losses as a child growing up in Tallahassee -- a true Seminole fan. The losses don't affect me the way they used to. Sure it's disappointing, especially when you loose on the one night of the week all of America is watching, but they'll live to play another game.

What the heck was with them putting Weatherford in for one drive? It's things like that move that will keep Lee from ever being able to gain confidence as a QB, if they keep pulling him out everytime he makes a mistake. Lee didn't play an amazing game last night but he made a couple good passes and pulled out that TD at the end of the game. I think the Noles need to give the boy a chance.

• 3 weeks later...

Seminole Uprising Basketball Pep Rally

It's time to Hoop It Up with the Seminoles and what better way to kick-off the Florida State Basketball season than a raucous Pep Rally! Join us Sunday, November 4th at 2:30pm at the Govenor's Square Mall Food Court for the Seminole Uprising Basketball Pep Rally featuring the men's and women's basketball teams and coaches, FSU Cheerleaders, Golden Girls and Seminole Sound. Come out as we kick off the basketball season Seminole style with free giveaways and your chance to get autographs from your favorite players and coaches.

DATE(S) TIME LOCATION

11/4/2007 2:30pm Macy's/Food Court

• 2 weeks later...

Godby vs. Tallahassee Lincoln

Trojans defeat Cougars 47-14!

The game was televised on national TV (FSN) and the Trojans were beautiful in their defeat of a cross-town Capital City rival. The Trojans finished the season 9-1 (Valdosta High) not sure what Godby's record was.

I'm just proud to be a Lincoln Trojan!

Both teams will play in the post season.

:yahoo:

Godby vs. Tallahassee Lincoln

Trojans defeat Cougars 47-14!

The game was televised on national TV (FSN) and the Trojans were beautiful in their defeat of a cross-town Capital City rival. The Trojans finished the season 9-1 (Valdosta High) not sure what Godby's record was.

I'm just proud to be a Lincoln Trojan!

Both teams will play in the post season.

:yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'll let Geno speak for Geno. I enjoyed the game, although my team came out on the losing side. Sometimes I wonder how the old man keeps it going, year after year. These past few football seasons have been so disappointing, I've found myself looking forward to Basketball season which is often just as bad. :lol:

I don't follow pro sports, only college, so here's a question for you guys that do:

Where is crappy ole Chris Rix? There was never a team member of the Noles I loathed more. Did he make it to the pros and if so, does he start? Or is he playing in the Canadian or European leagues where he belongs?

I don't follow pro sports, only college, so here's a question for you guys that do:

Where is crappy ole Chris Rix? There was never a team member of the Noles I loathed more. Did he make it to the pros and if so, does he start? Or is he playing in the Canadian or European leagues where he belongs?

Thanks for the link GG. I see he was selected by the Chargers in '05, what happened? It appears he was only there for one season.

I never liked him as QB and thought they should have pulled him out from being a starter for his last two years at least. The things I read about him personally, made him seem quite odd to me also. And while Bobby B. should be idolized, Rix just had this weird feeling of attachment to him (weird on Rix's side, not Bobby's.) I remember one or two games he wore part of his arm taped and it had some message about the Bowden's on it. That may have been when one of them was sick...anyway..strange fella IMHO and one of our worst starting QB's......yes even worse than Weatherford and I've read what you've said about Weatherford GG and I completely agree, but Rix is even worse.....and they let him start for 4 years. :dontknow:

Thanks for the link GG. I see he was selected by the Chargers in '05, what happened? It appears he was only there for one season.

I never liked him as QB and thought they should have pulled him out from being a starter for his last two years at least. The things I read about him personally, made him seem quite odd to me also. And while Bobby B. should be idolized, Rix just had this weird feeling of attachment to him (weird on Rix's side, not Bobby's.) I remember one or two games he wore part of his arm taped and it had some message about the Bowden's on it. That may have been when one of them was sick...anyway..strange fella IMHO and one of our worst starting QB's......yes even worse than Weatherford and I've read what you've said about Weatherford GG and I completely agree, but Rix is even worse.....and they let him start for 4 years. :dontknow:

Rix may not have been a championship winner, or Heisman candidate, but I enjoyed FSU football much more when he was around than I do now. He had a way of bringing attention to FSU when we didn't deserve it. He had spunk and charisma, which I really liked. In my mind, his only bad move was missing that final exam which made him ineligible for the Sugar Bowl against Georgia.

• 3 months later...

Archived