Tallahassee | Politics

Florida

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good find josefk! I hope you don't mind that I send out an email to all the folks in the GGG about this information, I did give you the credit though. :)

It's been no secret that Parker has been looking for another job. He was a finalist for the St. Johns County job awhile back, but didn't make the final cut.

I'll just say he wasn't the most popular COT employee when it came to the Gaines gang.

I wonder if they'll promote w/in COT for his job or look for an outsider?

Would you guys have a preference (inside or outside hire) as far as Gaines is concerned?

• 2 months later...

Judge Orders Fred Varn Off Democratic Primary Ticket

A UP-Tallahassee Exclusive Story

http://floridacapitalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...LNEWS/807020327

A judge ordered that Fred Varn's name be taken off of the Democratic primary ballot today. While it is unfortunate that it had to be decided in court, legally, it was a sound decision based on the resign to run law and dual office holding requirements. Unfortunately for the D's, polls show that Boulware is easily defeated by Varn, but beats Vasilinda handily. The question now becomes, will the Varn supporters cross over to support Vasilinda after she did this to their guy? What do you think?

Oh my, Charlie's beard just grows thicker! Looks like he's taking a page out of Jim McGreevey's handbook and we know just how well that worked out.

Now I really hate to admit this, but I was watching Real Housewives NYC one night and they all went to a party in the Hamptons hosted by none other than Carol Rome. Didn't I read where Charlie rented that house for her? Also didn't Rome's last husband divorce her partly b/c she was too expensive even for him and all his money?

As a Democrat and having dealings w/the School Board, let's just say I'm not a fan of Varn's at all. GG, I know you don't like RINO's so I must ask: Don't you think Boulware is a classic RINO?

ON EDIT: I found out yesterday that the Commissioner Desolge/Talcor realty coalition is very much behind the backing of Boulware.

• 2 months later...

Color me confused! I know something should be done, but how much and how far to go w/it, is what makes my head spin. Also there needs to be a lot of accountability in the plan. Finally I think we should all (both sides and those in between) stop quarreling over who's fault it is and concentrate on fixing the problem and passing future legislation to help stop this type of thing from happening in the future while of course still ensuring a free market.

How's that for walking the fence? ;)

^ Not bad! ;)

Here's a draft of the bill for anyone who wants to read it...

http://www.foxbusiness.com/pdfs/rescuebill_First%20Draft.pdf

I'm fundamentally against bailing out any company. If it is painful for the U.S. economy in the short term, so be it. But in the long term, we will benefit because companies that make bad decisions will no longer be in business. Companies shouldn't be rewarded nor bailed out for making bad decisions. (Although as I side note I will say that they were mandated by Congress to find "creative" ways to write loans so all Americans can buy homes, then they are demonized by Congress...go figure).

I do like the mark-to-market provision in the bill though, but that's really about it.

It hasnt really been in the headlines as much, but our beloved Congress also just gave a $25 billion loan to U.S. Automakers. Unreal.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=08...cle=1&lst=1

I'm glad the House rejected the bailout plan. If we give this bailout, others will come asking too. This is not a socialized economy. There are regulations in place, but nowhere near socialized.

I'm totally against the automakers bailout. From what I read, Toyota, Nissan and Honda will be eligible for this money due to the number of factories they have in the U.S. To let them have money is complete idiocy. They are laughing their way to the bank right now. As far as the American automakers, a "loan" would have been better, albeit with numerous stipulations and requirements attached (i.e. performance and sales benchmarks, etc).

The more I think about this administration, I've come to accept that they are not true Republicans. They are neo-cons - whatever you define that as - they are not living up to the original tenants of Republicanism - state rights, limited government, etc. The people we have in office today - and who are running for the presidency - are neo-cons, and do not get the support of someone like me who believes in going back to the true ideals of Republicanism.

Help me here folks: So the auto bail-out is a SEPARATE bill than the Wall Street bail-out not approved yesterday? GG's article states that both the House and Senate have approved the auto bail-out and it only needs W's signature. Is that correct? Talk about not following the ideals of true Republicanism eh jpl02! And seriously the foreign auto makers w/plants in the States get some of this money? Really?

I'm sort of an idiot when it comes to all these congressional happenings, but I will say to my simple mind it is telling about yesterday's bail-out failure when about the same percentage of Democrats and Republicans vote against it. Typically voting follows more along party lines in these matters don't they???

Help me here folks: So the auto bail-out is a SEPARATE bill than the Wall Street bail-out not approved yesterday? GG's article states that both the House and Senate have approved the auto bail-out and it only needs W's signature. Is that correct? Talk about not following the ideals of true Republicanism eh jpl02! And seriously the foreign auto makers w/plants in the States get some of this money? Really?

I'm sort of an idiot when it comes to all these congressional happenings, but I will say to my simple mind it is telling about yesterday's bail-out failure when about the same percentage of Democrats and Republicans vote against it. Typically voting follows more along party lines in these matters don't they???

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just curious as to WHEN you guys are voting?

Absentee? Early Voting? On Election Day?

In the primary I voted early b/c I was out of town on election day. For the general election I will be voting on 11.4/election day. I've found if I vote around mid-morning or mid-afternoon, the lines aren't very long at all, if they even exist. I know that this election might generate a lot of voters, so I'll go to the polls w/extra time...just in case. For some reason, I enjoy the ritual and energy of voting on election day and then coming home later to find out the results.

How 'bout you?

I'm just curious as to WHEN you guys are voting?

Absentee? Early Voting? On Election Day?

In the primary I voted early b/c I was out of town on election day. For the general election I will be voting on 11.4/election day. I've found if I vote around mid-morning or mid-afternoon, the lines aren't very long at all, if they even exist. I know that this election might generate a lot of voters, so I'll go to the polls w/extra time...just in case. For some reason, I enjoy the ritual and energy of voting on election day and then coming home later to find out the results.

How 'bout you?

Hey TD, good to see you!

I wish they'd keep early voting polls open longer. In many states that have it, those early voting places stay open 12 hours, in FL it's only 8 hrs. Staying open longer could help alleviate just a tad some of the long lines we've been seeing here.

Archived