Tallahassee | Politics

Florida

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poonther, honestly I don't see anything being borne from the County's business incentive plan. I hate to say this, but many local businesses aren't that agressive about growth, therefore the county isn't really putting itself out for much.

That said.

How is it possible for these small rural counties to chase down and capture economic development opportunities, and our county government cannot? Look at Jackson County's distribution park with the new Family Dollar! Look at Gadsden... heck, Franklyn with the new manufacturing facility in Carabelle... (and we've got an interstate running through this community!)

Said Frankly... the Leon County Commission isn't serious about economic development. People like Ratcliff, Sauls, Proctor, and Thaell in many ways seem anti-business to me.

Goodness, the question was asked who he was, not for a campaign speech. :) (j/k)

I've heard that senator quote before, but I thought on TV they stated JFK was the last senator to win for Prez. Maybe we wasn't "sitting" at the time he won?????

And why should that statistic have any bearing on who I vote for in this election?

Apparently JFK was the last sitting Senator to be elected President. LBJ and Nixon both served as Senators prior to their election but were not sitting when they ran for President (obviously in LBJs case since he took office after JFK's death).

John F. Kennedy

Senator, 1953-1960

President, 1961-1963

Lyndon B. Johnson

Senator, 1949-1961

President, 1963-1969

Richard M. Nixon

Senator, 1950-1953

President, 1969-1974

McCain is the only republican Senator in DC with a chance to win. If not him, who else do the republicans have in Congress? Unlike the Republicans, I think the democrats actually have a few good people in DC who could win this. Hillary being my favorite as of now. :D

GG you're spin has worked on me and convinced me to vote Republican! Now where the heck is that sarcasm icon.....:)

Thanks for that factual info Rachiroo.

I'd vote for Gov. Richardson before I'd for Hair Edwards. Richardson actually has good ideas on transportation in this country.

FYI: Obama will be at FAMU/Gaither Gym on 8.24 @ noon.

I'm still not sure who I'm voting for yet.

I'm definately going to throw my support behind the Hilary. I've always liked her, and I've never understood those who critize her for being a woman with a brain enough to stand up for something despite what her husband does.

If I had to choose a second person it would be Joseph R. Biden, Jr.. Decent fella to me. I like his stance on issues and his carisma.

Very Sad News Indeed.

On a side note:

I find it very interesting that your link to the Democrat story doesn't work anymore. It seems w/in the hour that the story broke that the content was drastically changed. Looks to me like they omitted the part about Brother's Bar and spending the night w/the older man who was also divorced and a dad.

Wonder why???

Thanks!

Yeah the Democrat and most newspaper bloggers are a mean and nasty bunch of posters.....well except for our buddy TJ. I never post there and I try my best not even to read the comments. I wish like w/other online papers, the Democrat comments would be at the end of the article, NOT beside it. Their format makes it much harder to ignore.

It does however make me appreciate UP/Tally even more.

Indeed I appreciate UP more when compared to the Democrat.

I agree, the posters are out of control on that site. They need to do a better job monitoring who posts what and perhaps initiate a warning system for repeat violators that prohibits them from posting so many inappropriate comments.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived