new bangkok airport ** let's see and you'll scream

arch

with 563,000 sq.m. It will be the biggest single-roof-terminal Airport in the world!

sets to be operation in 2005

phase 1

Runway 2 runways

aircraft movement handling 76 flights/hour

passenger handling 45 million passengers/year

ultimade development phase

Runway 4 runways

aircraft movement handling 112 flights/hour

passenger handling 100 million passengers/year

RENDER

main.jpg

8.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

11.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

9.jpg

1.jpg

10.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE 7/04/04

D.jpg

G.jpg

A.jpg

E.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bangkok has always been a sleeper in that region . . .

its always Hong Kong this, Singapore that, Jakarta this

I know the feeling being between Chicago Philly and New York City

Nice to see Bangkok is stepping up to the plate in a big way :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with Big City a little on this one. Though each individual concourse dose look nice, and the inside pictures look fabulous, on the whole i'm not that impressed. I'd like to see something a little less plain for the shape. Make it bigger, more curvacious, something.

It's kind of cool how they put random stuff around it though, like the statue and trees. But I kind of agree on it being monotonous. You take one look at those cylindrical steel and glass ceilings/walls, and say Ooohhh Wow!!! Isn't that cool, but sooner or later they will have you searching for more eye candy, which much of it seems to lack. It's kind of nice when some airports break from the repetition and terminals have varying spaces and vistas. But we all know airports are going for efficiency, and that appears to be the primary focus of this structure. Compared to other airports though, this one is really great!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Skytrax say that Hong Kong is the best airport.

2nd. Singapore Changi Airport

3rd. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

4th. Seoul Incheon Airport

5th. Kuala Lumpur KLIA Airport

Why on EARTH is Asterdam on number three? Gawd. They always lose my baggage at that STOOPID airport.

I really like how the new airport in Bangkok looks. Hurray! It's such a holiday destination, Thailand, I'm glad they get a really nice airport to "welcome" the tourists at. They have also added things from thailand into it.

Archived