Yay Hillary is running

voyager12

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am to the left of Hillary but I am still leaning towards her. Obama has a lot of flash and but just does not seem experienced enough to me. I get the same vibe from Edwards. Hillary is tough and knows how to fight back against Republican attacks unlike Kerry in the last go around. America is a fundamentally a center-right country and our best chance is to elect a moderate Democrat. In my perfect world Russ Feingold would be president but it just ain't happenin..

So many people are running in the democratic party, it looks like 6 have confirmed, and another 6 are still exploring... I think this makes it easier for hillary, if she was to go up against one person I think she would have a tough time. Also for the 3 confirmed for the Republican party I think she could beat any one of them.

Ah c'mon guys...Hillary is a lovely woman:) But I still don't think she could win the presidency, even if she was as good looking as Jennifer Lopez. Even if she does have the world's greatest politician as a husband and advisor. Even if she has wide support in the Democratic party. Even if she has been attempting to paint herself as a "centrist"........

I feel she would carry less states than Kerry did in 2004.

I'm personally excited about New Mexico governor Bill Richardson's candidacy! If he just carried the states Kerry managed to carry in 2004, PLUS New Mexico, then he will be president.

History shows loud and clear that Americans don't like putting Senators in the White House. For this reason and others, I feel Richardson and Edwards have the best chance to win the national election. Edwards was a Senator for one term, which is enough. I feel Edwards or Richardson would make a fine president.

Ah c'mon guys...Hillary is a lovely woman:) But I still don't think she could win the presidency, even if she was as good looking as Jennifer Lopez. Even if she does have the world's greatest politician as a husband and advisor. Even if she has wide support in the Democratic party. Even if she has been attempting to paint herself as a "centrist"........

I feel she would carry less states than Kerry did in 2004.

I'm personally excited about New Mexico governor Bill Richardson's candidacy! If he just carried the states Kerry managed to carry in 2004, PLUS New Mexico, then he will be president.

History shows loud and clear that Americans don't like putting Senators in the White House. For this reason and others, I feel Richardson and Edwards have the best chance to win the national election. Edwards was a Senator for one term, which is enough. I feel Edwards or Richardson would make a fine president.

I'm not overly excited about Hillary. She's just so blah. She's not liberal enough for me, either, with all her "I'm a centrist" bull crap. I think we need a real liberal with some integrity as a president that is still willing to comprimise to get things done.

If Hillary wins the nomination, I will support her 100%. The Clinton years were very successful in this country and a paradise compared to now. Both Bill and Hillary are very intelligent and it would be a huge improvement over the C+ idiot we have in office right now.

I really don't like any of the Republicans that are in the front running. John McCain is too conservative and Rudy Guilliani? I don't really care that he was the mayor New York on 9/11/01. Charisma is important, but it only takes you so far... besides the fact that Rudy reminds me a lot of our very own Norm Coleman... he's a shape-shifter and I feel like by the time November 2008 rolls around, no one will really know where Giulliani stands on many issues.

Otherwise we have Sam Brownback... a man with whom I have absolutely nothing in common... we are pretty much polar opposites. The man does not represent mainstream America.. but instead, a very small minority of rich businessmen and a sizable group of social conservatives that vote almost exclusively for one party and thus hi-jack not only the party, but also the offices they win.

Personally, Al Gore, Bill Richardson, and Tom Vilsack are better candidates... but just about anybody will be better than George W. Bush.

And I get sick of people screaming "LIBERAL" when they hear Hillary's name. She is not out of hte mainstream in this country. Believe it or not, we are not a center-right country. We are further right on an economic level compared to Sweden or Germany, but compared to say, Taiwan or Japan we are quite liberal. We are also quite liberal on social issues if you really take a look at it. While Holland and Britain and Scandinavia might edge us out, we are more liberal, in general, than most Europeans, especially southern and eastern Europe.

I still think John Edwards will end up being the democratic nominee, mark my words. Iowa and South Carolina will be the first caucus states. The candidate that gains the momentum at the beginning usually ends up being the nominee and Edwards is currently leading in those states in the polls. We saw this with John Kerry. He won in Iowa and from then on it was like wave.

here are how the democratic candidates rank in Iowa which is a crucial state in winning the nomination. Hillary Clinton is a distant 4th. Iowa is the state to watch and it gives a glimpes into the future on who will probabally become the nominee.

Edwards - 27%

Obama - 17%

Vilsack - 16%

Clinton - 16%

Biden - 3%

Kerry - 1%

Kucinich - 1%

Richardson - 1%

John Edwards just appeals to conservatives more than Hillary Clinton and in order for the democrats to win the presidency they are going to have to win a few red states and definately win Ohio this time. I just dont think we would win any red states with Hillary as the nominee. Edwards has the perfect family image with his young kids like the Kennedys. Im not sure why some over look him becasue he has the right stuff to be president.

It seems like every election, the front runners in the begining never wins the nomination. Last election is was a done deal that Howard Dean was going to be the nominee. In 2000 for the Republicans it looked like a fair bet for John McCain. in 1992 Bill Clinton wasnt even on the radar and there were plenty of front runners. Bill Clinton was a nobody at that stage.

2008 is going to be Edwards vs Guliani.

btw here is the republican score card in Iowa

Giuliani - 19%

McCain - 17%

Gingrich - 13%

Rice - 9%

Romney - 5%

Tancredo - 2%

Hagel - 2%

Brownback - 1%

2008 is going to be Edwards vs Guliani as both lead in the Iowa Caucuses.

In the 2000 Iowa caucus, Gore won for the democrats and Bush won for the republicans. Both ended up winning the nomination.

Also in 1996 Bob Dole won the Iowa caucus and won the nomination for republicans So Iowa clearly gives an indication who the nominees are going to be.

Finally! Someone else, besides me, who realizes that Hillary is not a liberal. I want a real liberal who will look out for the little guy and end this corporate welfare, voodoo economics, trickle-down economics crap. Snowguy, I wish you lived in South Carolina, lol.

Since when has attractiveness been a prerequisite for being President? Tallness, oddly enough, seems to be a commonality between many Presidents.

Archived