Providence Skyline Lighting

Garris

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
isn't north main wider? it also doesn't help that there's a lot of buildings with parking in front, and it's very straight while broad and elmwood have more curves, so you don't see as far ahead of you. they also feel more dense, probably because the lanes are more narrow.

i guess i don't see what you're seeing, because with the trees down the middle of north main, it seems a lot more narrow than Elmwood or Broad, or even Broadway, i'm not very good at measuring things, being a girl and all, but my feeling is that N Main is has narrow lanes, because when i legally park on N Main, i always run the risk of my mirrors being swiped off, even on my little car, but i don't ever get that feeling on Broad or Elmwood.... But i do see your point about all the parking in front of buildings. Maybe i just travel up there more than ever before and am starting to see its incredible potential.

on my trip back from philly, i noticed 2 things...

first, on the very end of our descent into tf green, you can see the whole skyline... including GTECH!

second, you can see the taller buildings of the skyline while the plane was sitting on the runway. it was tough, but you could see it if it got to certain clearings in the trees. you probably can't see it from there during the summer with leaves on the trees.

Did anyone else happen to notice the state house tonight? This may be a stupid question, but why is it lit in orange/red? Regardless of reason, this color casts a particularly uniform light around the dome...

And you're right, isn't it funny to think about the skyline as if we were not familiar with it...

Did anyone else happen to notice the state house tonight? This may be a stupid question, but why is it lit in orange/red? Regardless of reason, this color casts a particularly uniform light around the dome...

And you're right, isn't it funny to think about the skyline as if we were not familiar with it...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Great initiative! Imagine all the major buildings with coordinated lighting on Friday and Saturday until 1PM.

Textron really is disappointing but I'm certain they can be moved to act.

I will try to get up to my PVD home the next possible GC:PVD meeting.

• 1 month later...

Archived