Providence Skyline Lighting

Garris

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bank of America was lit back up again last night after what I guess was their updating of the system.

It's amazing what a huge difference that lighting makes to our skyline at night. Some other building's management (<cough> Textron <cough>) could learn that lesson...

- Garris

Absolutely. Textron would add expedentially to the view...moving east and creating more depth.

I have to say, they really bothers me...I have actually thought about finding a City Hall contact to complain as to why the city does not push/shame those cheap folks into minimal lighting....are 4 large flood lights too much?

you know what building needs to be lighted? That brown hulking beotch of a building that is the Charlesgate. When driving down North Main Street you can see lovely downtown except for the parts that are hidden behind this giant poop of a structure. If it was lighted it might not be so menacing to the skyline from that angle.

you know what building needs to be lighted? That brown hulking beotch of a building that is the Charlesgate. When driving down North Main Street you can see lovely downtown except for the parts that are hidden behind this giant poop of a structure. If it was lighted it might not be so menacing to the skyline from that angle.

• 3 weeks later...
I think this has come up in the past. I think the issue was that the church literally does not have the money to do it. It's just too expensive...

Perhaps, as part of a future revitalized Cathedral Square, it would then be appropriate to light it up...

- Garris

don't make me regret unignoring you. you think N Main is the suburbs? the guy who lives in Elmhurst!? I can walk to a drug store, a grocery store, a tool store, three pawn shops, two dunkin donuts, the sammich hut, greggs, Java Speed, a hospital, a nice park (which doubles as a cemetary) a laundry, a liquor store, two convenience stores, a day care, a hardware store, and one of those happy ending spas--all within three blocks of my office. A little further afield is the map store, RI Aquarium, McDonalds, Whole Foods, etc. North Main Street's walkable potential, while incredibly dangerous, is incredibly RICH!

Archived