Providence Skyline Lighting

Garris

• 3 months later...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Raising this agian just to get any updates. Had 5 people in from 4 other cities/states/regions and they loved Providence - but I was so disappointed that Textron still is a black hole in the skyline.

My contact at Textron is gone so I can not offer an inside source to push the issue of getting something lite.

Any news or hope or efforts?

Raising this agian just to get any updates. Had 5 people in from 4 other cities/states/regions and they loved Providence - but I was so disappointed that Textron still is a black hole in the skyline.

My contact at Textron is gone so I can not offer an inside source to push the issue of getting something lite.

Any news or hope or efforts?

This seems like a job for some industrious/mischievous RISD people. It's public art, it's performance art, it's subversive, it's trespassing, what's not to like?! I'm thinking LED stickies shot at the building from a cannon on Benefit Street or from a catapult in Memorial Park. Or rent a helicopter and drop a fiber optic "wig" onto the building, letting strands of light drape off all 4 sides. Sweet!

Archived