Vision for the DT skyline

smeagolsfree

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was trolling the net curious to find out more about Palmer when I came across this from the Nashville Post. I am not sure if this has been discussed but I found it shocking, looks like plans are still on for this...

Here's the small article from the post via their permit patrol section. This was published on Dec 11th 2006

Palmer selling condos?

Bovis Lend Lease is finishing out 3,267 square feet on Palmer Plaza's 14th floor for a sales office and model unit. Presumably, this is for selling the 50 luxury condominiums planned for developer Alex Palmer's West End Summit, which already has signed up InterContinental Hotels and a restaurant. Plans call for retail space and 550,000 square feet of office space. Worth Properties has singed on to sell the condo units. The permit for the sales office and model unit estimates a construction cost of $350,000.

Anyone have more info on this sales center? Expected completion date?

I was trolling the net curious to find out more about Palmer when I came across this from the Nashville Post. I am not sure if this has been discussed but I found it shocking, looks like plans are still on for this...

Here's the small article from the post via their permit patrol section. This was published on Dec 11th 2006

Palmer selling condos?

Bovis Lend Lease is finishing out 3,267 square feet on Palmer Plaza's 14th floor for a sales office and model unit. Presumably, this is for selling the 50 luxury condominiums planned for developer Alex Palmer's West End Summit, which already has signed up InterContinental Hotels and a restaurant. Plans call for retail space and 550,000 square feet of office space. Worth Properties has singed on to sell the condo units. The permit for the sales office and model unit estimates a construction cost of $350,000.

Anyone have more info on this sales center? Expected completion date?

I think people are becoming upset about the WES because its been in the works so long. So they continue to say it wont be built but the developer seems to think otherwise. Alex Palmer is a heavy hitter with a successful track record and I have no reason to believe that he would be wasting loads of money on interior/exterior design architects, a 350k sales unit, signing on hotels and resturants, and so many more expensive things that go along with a huge project like this. If this project wasnt gonna be built he would be calling it quits not moving forward. I know its taking forever but it hasnt been long at all since a Tennessean article talking about the project moving forward. Emporis is way off on many things about our city and I think this may be another. If Alex Palmer himself comes out and says this thing isnt going to happen then I will believe it. If a few posters on this fourm say its not gonna happen I dont think I would count it out yet. Or maybe they know more than the developer about his own project. Who knows? Maybe its a publicity stunt for Palmer. And please dont get me started on Tony G and the Signature.... I understand many things have to happen for these massive projects to come to frutition but my main point is this...As of right now both of these projects are still moving forward so obvioulsy the developers think they are still going to happen and who would know more about their own projects than them?

I think people are becoming upset about the WES because its been in the works so long. So they continue to say it wont be built but the developer seems to think otherwise. Alex Palmer is a heavy hitter with a successful track record and I have no reason to believe that he would be wasting loads of money on interior/exterior design architects, a 350k sales unit, signing on hotels and resturants, and so many more expensive things that go along with a huge project like this. If this project wasnt gonna be built he would be calling it quits not moving forward. I know its taking forever but it hasnt been long at all since a Tennessean article talking about the project moving forward. Emporis is way off on many things about our city and I think this may be another. If Alex Palmer himself comes out and says this thing isnt going to happen then I will believe it. If a few posters on this fourm say its not gonna happen I dont think I would count it out yet. Or maybe they know more than the developer about his own project. Who knows? Maybe its a publicity stunt for Palmer. And please dont get me started on Tony G and the Signature.... I understand many things have to happen for these massive projects to come to frutition but my main point is this...As of right now both of these projects are still moving forward so obvioulsy the developers think they are still going to happen and who would know more about their own projects than them?

I don't think anyone will get a good idea of what downtown will look like if they take a photograph and digitally add in new buildings...the drawn in buildings will always look out of place. As far as a rendering goes, the best way to make a realistic rendering would be to draw all of downtown instead of using a picture. This would take a ton of time and effort, but the buildings would match and would look more like they 'fit in' downtown.

P.S. - I would also like to see a rendering with the new SunTrust building, as well as the Westin (if that hasn't been shot down yet...lol.

I believe that eventually we will see more towers built closer to the river (not on the river, but between 1st and 5th Ave's). I don't think there will be a lot of skyscrapers in the region, but I see the potential for some 10-20 story towers built where some of these open surface lots are. The "SoBro" area between the GEC and the river will look very different in 5 years, I believe.

I've gone back and forth on the WES as well. My first thoughts are "no way," but if someone is blowing the amount of money Palmer is, he has to be confident or stuburn enough to make sure this project sees light. I'm curious to know how much Palmer has spent in all including in the purchase of the land.

I guess Palmer is trudging along at a steady pace.... an extreamly slow pace, but none the less he is still moving foward. I thought the project had died since we last heard about it in July and was surprised about the sales center. Any word on an anchor tenant? Rumors?

I bet dozers will show up one day at the site and surprise the heck out of all of us.

I guess Palmer is trudging along at a steady pace.... an extreamly slow pace, but none the less he is still moving foward. I thought the project had died since we last heard about it in July and was surprised about the sales center. Any word on an anchor tenant? Rumors?

Yes, he has rumored to bee talking with Wachovia Bank and several other financial institutions to relocate their TN operations to a bigger, better location.

Drove by the WES site during lunch. I could have missed them, but I don't see the InterContinental Hotel signs posted anymore. Is this deal still on or has it fallen through? Also the plot of land that is to the right of the project directly behind Jim Reed is being cleared. They have been dozing the land for a few days now.

Just because they took the signs down, doesn't necessarily mean anything. He probably purchased that lot for the parking garage, I have a good feeling they are taking the signs down to put of fencing with mesh, because it is highly likely this project is going to get underway in the not too distant future this year. This happens many times, they could also be making new renderings of the project, which they have needed to do for some time, they are probably doin both of these it seems to me. I don't know much, I'm stuck here in Jacksonville, but they do that quite often down here with new projects breaking ground.

From Today's Nashville Business Journal:

"Rick Frazier of Alex S. Palmer & Company says a marketing center will open in late February."

also a nice article on John Eakin and the 12th and Demonbreun twin tower project. The article discussed the need for more Class A office space downtown and quoted Janet Miller of Economic Development for the Chamber as saying that there were currently 43 companies looking for downtown space in nashville and 13 of those were potential Corporate Headquarters.

From Today's Nashville Business Journal:

"Rick Frazier of Alex S. Palmer & Company says a marketing center will open in late February."

also a nice article on John Eakin and the 12th and Demonbreun twin tower project. The article discussed the need for more Class A office space downtown and quoted Janet Miller of Economic Development for the Chamber as saying that there were currently 43 companies looking for downtown space in nashville and 13 of those were potential Corporate Headquarters.

In the NBJ this week, the topic of commecial projects going to the burbs came up. Land values are rising and many of the projects are getting out there away form the city center. This may bring some of the office space back to DT. There is a great need for class A space and I think someone with a lot of money and guts will do something DT spectacular if WES is not built. Another article mentions the fact that when residential comes then commercial development follows. Maybe we can hope for that to happen DT.

Archived