The Saints are History

jednc

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, the Bears thoroughly beat the Saints today. But the Saints made history today, making it to their first NFC Championship game in franchise history, and doing amazing things this year on and off the field, and bringing hope to the residents of New Orleans. I can't say I've heard anyone say the Saints automatically deserve to win the Superbowl just because of Katrina. They were the media darlings, and the entire nation seemed to be behind them. Much like the Steelers last year, and the Patriots in years prior. Based one what people were saying nationally, it didn't seem like most people had your mentality on the Saints, their success, and what it all meant to New Orleans.

But based on what you've said about Katrina and New Orleans in the past, I bet you really enjoyed watching the Saints roll through and win the NFC South, and advance farther in the playoffs than ever before. :D

The media may have led you and others to believe that. Because most Saints fans I know never said they "deserved" anything. The fact they were 3-13 last year and turned it around to get that far as they did is news worthy even without a hurricane.

The fact that Bears fans taunt my brother and his girlfriend in Soldier Field today by saying " yall should have drown in the dome with the hurricane" showed no class, no respect.

I sure am pumped for more Peyton "Melonhead Gump" Manning commercials. Totally psyched the refs missed a crucial pass interference call. Good thing they nailed the Pats on a couple of neutral zone infractions though. That was clutch.

I think it was a great season, and certainly something to build on for the Saints. It was a truly remarkable year for them. Kind of the George Mason of last year's NCAA tourney, no one expected what they did from the start of the seans, but it seemed like everyone was rooting for them (except the Bears & Philly fans & jednc) to win.

I think it will be an interesting Super Bowl with two midwest teams playing in Miami. Can't wait!

Archived