Say it ain't so...

Kib

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tSlater said:

Actually come to think of it, there's some shop on S. Division... I think either just north of 68th or just south of 60th.. somewhere near the reconstructed section, that had a bunch of motor scooters on display in their front lawn all summer, as well as various cars. I don't remember what manufacturer they were. I distinctly remember them being on a street corner on the East side of Division.

I drove a Spree through much of college, driving hundreds of miles a week for school and working two jobs (both of which were far off campus). All for about $1.50/week. I wish I could go back to that, but hard to take kids along on a scooter. :w00t: (and I'm not really hip anymore)

I used to see all the vintage mopeds out in front of Founders and wondered if it was a club or something. Cool! Welcome corvine!

Hey kib, it looks like that Stehouwers on Division also carries Vento, but I'm not familiar with that make.

I'm not sure about the mopeds but most 50cc scooters can hit 40-50mph on a stock engine and up to 70mph with upgrades.

The great thing about the registration is that it's good for 3 or 4 years (I can't remember which) so you don't have to re-register every year like you would a car.

^ Yeah, youve got to do some real work to get a 50 cc to go 50 mph, and 70, well i think the scooter might blow up. LOL

Tony, if your looking to go 60, you might as well get a motorcycle endorsment, and get yourself a used vespa or honda.

Research indicates Vento are Chinese manufactured. 'nuff said.

That's what I understand. I think if you're less than 50cc's, you're not even on the SOM radar or jurisdiction.

From my experience, my Vespa ET4 (150cc) will hit 60-65 really opened up, and a Honda Elite (80cc) goes 45 downhill and with a tailwind.

YMMV

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Got a chance to visit today, the owner Mike seems pretty excited about carrying Vespas, although his original intent was to pick up the Aprilia line of motorcycles (Vespa & Aprilia are both owned by Piaggio). None the less he's got quite a few Vespas in stock, looking beautiful and ready to go. Said he's looking forward to seeing a lot more scooters on the streets of GR !!! (Me too) He also mentioned he's planning to have his mechanics go through the factory service training (another good sign...)

Thanks again for the heads-up on this MAU !!!

Archived