Is Nashville Planning Racist?

Black and White

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think you can stereotype an entire segment of our society based on income or by class as it is being described here. There are plenty of people, in fact I would say a majority of people who do try to do right for themselves and others and they are being unfairly lumped in with those who don't. Your characterization of class in this case really means Blacks since you decided to throw in a few token Whites and its that attitude the creates the divisions amoungst people in the first place. And in addition, I would say that Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton have done a great deal to lift the lives of the common person, more so than most public figures. Show me one place where they have advocated the types of things that you are attributing to the lower class. If that is your opinion that is fine, but this topic is not for that discussion.

I will not let this thread become a sounding ground for people who have axes to grind against a segment of society based on race.

I couldn't agree more. Until the lower class stops playing the race card at every turn, there will continue to be projects, and welfafe, and unstoppable crime. The lower class, including some whites, are taught at a very young age to mistrust and hate police officers and authority figures. They are taught that white people are always trying to keep them "down". Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton types peerpetuate their endless cycle of poverty and victim mentality. It's sad, but true.

i think it's sad that we're still dividing people up into different races. oh the "white flight" or the "ghetto blacks". until someone can prove that every person that is moving from downtown is white or that every person in the ghetto is black, i don't want to hear race mentioned. it's gotten to a point where we ignore the real problems and focus more on the color of the skin of the people that are living there. why did people move from the city to the suburbs? not because they were white, it was because there was crime and not enough opportunity. why did the poor stay in the ghetto? not because they were black, it was because they were poor and couldn't move out. this has absolutely nothing to do with color and i can't wait for the day that people start to realize this so we can start solving the real problems. the left and right need to stop with their race carding and grow up.

Archived