Greenville Merchandise

Greenville

Tonight I was realizing that I have absolutely nothing that says "Greenville." No clothing, no artwork, no bumper sticker...nothing. I really wanted to find something uniquely Greenville to frame and hang on my wall, but an internet search turned up nothing. While we aren't a huge city, it seems that we're big enough to warrant more souvenirs and gear. I suppose this is where the "Greenville store" downtown would come in, if/when that ever comes to fruition.

Does anyone have any suggestions for Greenville merchandise aside from Greenville Drive team gear and the "City blocks" stuff?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Oh man, I love this kind of stuff.

Here are a few suggestions:

A "GVL" sticker for your car. These are the white oval stickers with black letters that look like the authentic used for European countries. Can't remember where I got mine, I want to say Appalachian Outfitters.

G-Vegas t-shirts at Eden.

My favorite: South Kakalaki t-shirts at Eden.

I also have a poster that is a take off on a famous New York City poster from the eighties. New York had this poster that showed the skyline drawn very large and had the buildings labled....drawn very cartoonish. Once outside of Manhattan, you were suppose to be in the rest of the world, and it only showed a few places like Madrid and London. These "other" places were drawn very, very small. Lots of blank space outside of Manhattan on the poster that was simply labeled "everywhere else" The implied message of the poster in a tongue in cheek way....."the world revolves around Manhattan or there is no life outside Manhattan". I found a Greenville version of this poster at a local antique store. No artist name. Thought it was hysterical.

You can buy those Dick Mitchell watercolor prints all over town...there's a shop in the West End Market (near the back on the right) that carries them.

Charisma over in Green Ridge has some very unique prints you can hang on your wall.

The Cook's Station has some unique things (cutting boards, trivets, etc.).

You can also try this site.

There really should be a "Greenville Store" somewhere downtown that carries a vast array of souvenier and home-town pride type stuff. It'd sell well, I'm certain.

Archived