No Excuse

owen

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I can tell, the website was last updated before the summer of 2003 so its almost 4 years out of date. When it comes to the business world attention to detail is very important and the lack of it can send the wrong message. The website of any business or city should be updated often to provide a sense of progressiveness and continual development.

I sent them an email. Here is the response:

Mr. X,

this is Ryan Coleman from the Economic Development Office for the City of Columbia. I apologize for the outdated material on the website. The reason being is that the content was controlled by a former employee who is no longer with the department and with a web designer we no longer have affiliation with. However, there is a deal currently in the works for a overhaul of the "Development Gateway" website, and we should have an entirely redesigned webpage as well as greater content control to keep the information updated within the next two to three months. I apologize for the outdated information and I assure you I am doing everything in my power to rectify the current situation.

It seems like it would be a perfect use of a blog. Provide the lastest news eg. The Parking Garage is done! Ground being broken at Canalside (linky), and so on. That way the recent stuff is on the top, and anyone that wants to look at a development history just has to scroll through the archives.

• 3 months later...
I sent them an email. Here is the response:

Mr. X,

this is Ryan Coleman from the Economic Development Office for the City of Columbia. I apologize for the outdated material on the website. The reason being is that the content was controlled by a former employee who is no longer with the department and with a web designer we no longer have affiliation with. However, there is a deal currently in the works for a overhaul of the "Development Gateway" website, and we should have an entirely redesigned webpage as well as greater content control to keep the information updated within the next two to three months. I apologize for the outdated information and I assure you I am doing everything in my power to rectify the current situation.

• 1 month later...

This comes from the city council agenda for June 20th:

Council is asked to approve a Contract for Professional Services for the Re-design of the Economic Development Gateway Website, as requested by the Commerce and Development Group. Award to The Rackes Group in an amount not to exceed $28,725.00. This firm is located in Columbia, SC.

This comes from the city council agenda for June 20th:

Council is asked to approve a Contract for Professional Services for the Re-design of the Economic Development Gateway Website, as requested by the Commerce and Development Group. Award to The Rackes Group in an amount not to exceed $28,725.00. This firm is located in Columbia, SC.

Archived