Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doz180

World's Largest Fuel Cell Power Plants in Bridgeport and Danbury

11 posts in this topic

There is a proposal to bring the world's largest fuel cell power plants to Connecticut.

Elemental Power Group, LLC, a New York-based renewable energy development company, announced that it has proposed two projects for approval to the state of Connecticut through its Project 100 renewable energy RfP. The two projects, one in Bridgeport, CT and one in Danbury, CT, if approved by the state, will be the largest fuel cell generation projects in the world, each totaling approximately 30 megawatts of ultra-clean electrical generation.

I hope this translates into lower prices for electricity.

Sounds really high tech and clean. Great way to make use of unused industrial space in urban areas. Hope this fuel cell power plant gives those coal and nuclear power plants a run for their money.

I hope this translates into lower prices for electricity.

That's been the problem all along...a deregulated industry that is unfriendly toward generation companies. We have no major power generators in state, so everyone is simply brokering deals for power so prices are high.

If we get more generation plants in state like this, we can see the competition an open market brings and ultimately lower prices.

Lets hope this is the beginning of a good thing.

It's not on the free archives, not surprisingly.

It's the News-Times, enough said.

That's been the problem all along...a deregulated industry that is unfriendly toward generation companies. We have no major power generators in state, so everyone is simply brokering deals for power so prices are high.

If we get more generation plants in state like this, we can see the competition an open market brings and ultimately lower prices.

Lets hope this is the beginning of a good thing.

I totally concur..... Let's hope the State gets on the ball with this.

Where abouts in Danbury is this? I assume somewhere in the southern side of town off Triangle.

Where abouts in Danbury is this? I assume somewhere in the southern side of town off Triangle.