Building The Ozarks Green

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I read an article in a publication called Downtown Beat about South Pier Condos (they're called something like that, they are the condos going in on the upper floors of where the South Avenue Flea Market was). Not only did the condos sound far nicer than anything downtown has seen, the article mentioned that Hagerman and whatever other partners are involved wanted to use green elements in the redevelopment of this building. It was really vague and it didn't mention anything about obtaining a LEED rating, but still... the more I hear about Hagerman recently, the more I am impressed. These guys seem really innovative. I just hope that all of their ideas are taken well by Springfield and are successful.

Well in regards to building Green, that's exactly what I am trying to do for our company. I am the business manager for Petra Stone which is a manufactured stone company out of Arkansas. We are currently supplying the stone for the remodel of Fremont shopping center on the corner of Battlefield and Fremont. We are able to help in eight different categories of the LEED/Green building requirements. I am a firm believer in using recycled materials whenever possible. This also becomes another sales tool for our company. I have a presentation with Bates and Associates on Tuesday and the LEED/Green building process will be part of the presentation. Hopefully things go well.

• 2 weeks later...
Well in regards to building Green, that's exactly what I am trying to do for our company. I am the business manager for Petra Stone which is a manufactured stone company out of Arkansas. We are currently supplying the stone for the remodel of Fremont shopping center on the corner of Battlefield and Fremont. We are able to help in eight different categories of the LEED/Green building requirements. I am a firm believer in using recycled materials whenever possible. This also becomes another sales tool for our company. I have a presentation with Bates and Associates on Tuesday and the LEED/Green building process will be part of the presentation. Hopefully things go well.

Archived