Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pyaxi

Building The Ozarks Green

18 posts in this topic

Here....I thought I would post an exerpt from the article:

Builders develop a green thumb

All over Springfield, developers are incorporating more environmentally friendly techniques.

The Watershed Committee of the Ozarks

Here....I thought I would post an exerpt from the article:

Builders develop a green thumb

All over Springfield, developers are incorporating more environmentally friendly techniques.

The Watershed Committee of the Ozarks

Springfield Public Schools has voted to build the new Hickory Hills K-8 school as LEED certified. They estimated that the "basic LEED" rating was within the current budget.

Springfield Public Schools has voted to build the new Hickory Hills K-8 school as LEED certified. They estimated that the "basic LEED" rating was within the current budget.

Yes, I love the Ozarks also, Pyaxi. And I am glad to see any 'green' projects going on. I think it is good to use our limited resources responsibly. We only get one Earth.

Yes, I love the Ozarks also, Pyaxi. And I am glad to see any 'green' projects going on. I think it is good to use our limited resources responsibly. We only get one Earth.

I read an article in a publication called Downtown Beat about South Pier Condos (they're called something like that, they are the condos going in on the upper floors of where the South Avenue Flea Market was). Not only did the condos sound far nicer than anything downtown has seen, the article mentioned that Hagerman and whatever other partners are involved wanted to use green elements in the redevelopment of this building. It was really vague and it didn't mention anything about obtaining a LEED rating, but still... the more I hear about Hagerman recently, the more I am impressed. These guys seem really innovative. I just hope that all of their ideas are taken well by Springfield and are successful.

The Ozarks love nature, so I'm sure anything that helps that will be received nicely.

Well in regards to building Green, that's exactly what I am trying to do for our company. I am the business manager for Petra Stone which is a manufactured stone company out of Arkansas. We are currently supplying the stone for the remodel of Fremont shopping center on the corner of Battlefield and Fremont. We are able to help in eight different categories of the LEED/Green building requirements. I am a firm believer in using recycled materials whenever possible. This also becomes another sales tool for our company. I have a presentation with Bates and Associates on Tuesday and the LEED/Green building process will be part of the presentation. Hopefully things go well.

Good luck on it! Hopefully building green really catches on.

Well in regards to building Green, that's exactly what I am trying to do for our company. I am the business manager for Petra Stone which is a manufactured stone company out of Arkansas. We are currently supplying the stone for the remodel of Fremont shopping center on the corner of Battlefield and Fremont. We are able to help in eight different categories of the LEED/Green building requirements. I am a firm believer in using recycled materials whenever possible. This also becomes another sales tool for our company. I have a presentation with Bates and Associates on Tuesday and the LEED/Green building process will be part of the presentation. Hopefully things go well.

I did not realize that the Fremont Center was going for a LEED certification with its renovations. That is awesome. Good luck with your company efforts!

Fremont isn't going for Leed. That is just a project we are working on now. We would like to do Leed projects in the future.

The City of Springfield is considering a policy that would make any new City buildings up to at least LEED silver standards. The buildings would not necessarily be actually LEED certified because that the certification alone would cost a lot of taxpayer money, but they would still be just as good.

Read all about it.

Environmental Works, a consulting firm for environmental issues, is going to move to a new facility on Chestnut Expressway. In renovating the building, they are going for a LEED certification.

Any ideas on when?

Environmental Works, a consulting firm for environmental issues, is going to move to a new facility on Chestnut Expressway. In renovating the building, they are going for a LEED certification.