Strip Clubs

splbrgmi

Strip clubs work well as "second level businesses" as in the 2nd story of a building. While the ground level is occupied by some other establishment that could easily be family oriented, the strip club can still occupy a space within the district and the negative vibe as statedude mentioned is mitigated. Strip clubs rarely require grand entrances anyway. It's all about what's being shown inside. A door at street level that accesses a small foyer that leads to stairways/elevators to the 2nd level would be a good design strategy. Now that I think of it, club Necto (which isn't a strip club) here in Ann Arbor has a similar system. Since Necto is only open at night, it makes sense to have a 2nd floor location leaving the ground floor to another business that is open during the day. In this case, it's a Chinese Restaurant.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be nice if the clubs in Detroit were on the second level of the buildings. All the clubs downtown are in first floor spaces right now, which makes the buildings look vacant/underutilized when you walk by (Club Bleu comes to mind). Yet, when you go by at night...well, anyone who's tried to find a parking spot on the street at 11pm downtown on Saturday night knows what I mean....

We don't need any more of these places in the neighborhoods though. I live 3 houses away from the bar...which was fine when it was a bar. These days, though, the place has turned into a dance club, and it blasts Spanish music from 10pm-2am or later every single night. I can only imagine what it's like for the people who live closer than I do!

Archived