GR suggests Metro Gov't

Rizzo

A Metro Government?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Should the core cities consolidate into a Metro Government?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for it. As for the concern of people not wanting to lose identity to Grand Rapids - I live outside the city proper and I work in one of the 'burbs and in both cases, when asked I always reply "Grand Rapids, MI" rather than the proper names of the aforementioned locations. Can't we all just get along?

Let's try this again: Cooley has billboards all over the state hawking its program. ("Start law school in January" was running late last fall; clearly this is directed to the impulse student. Perhaps a JD is the new MBA.) If their classes were full, they would not need to advertise them.

Here's a funny song pertaining to this topic.

*sigh Advertising is about recognition, getting your name around (going back to that trusty supply/demand curve; if demand increases but supply stays the same your product is more "valuable" Hence, advertising attracts customers to a finite market thus increasing its value) ... (not that it isn't handy if enrollment is down)

Archived