Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

splbrgmi

what happened to these?

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what happened with renaming Grand Circus park after the late council woman (sorry I can't spell her name). and Also, didn't council attemp to rename the tunnel after Conyers. The last thing I know it was awaiting approval from the mayor.

Just a general question, but does the city council have the authority to ban smoking in Detroit, and if so why haven't they considered it since most cities have adopted that ordinance.

I don't like the idea of renaming Grand Circus Park so hopefully it doesn't go through.

Yeah, GCP is a classic name. Im tired of naming everything after someone. Like the new bus terminal: i have all the respect in the world for Rosa Parks, but cant we just call it Downtown Transit Terminal or something like that? Or, Times Square Transit Terminal?

Mehaffey still hasn't got anything named in her honor. What's the delay?

Maybe "Mehaffey Stadium" for the tigers, lol.

Not sure about the smoking thing in Detroit, but the city council did it in the city of Saginaw. Not sure if it's in a effect yet though.

The transit terminal is a good fit, so I think that's fine. However, you can't just wake up one morning, look in the mirror as you brush your teeth, pause for a moment, and decide you want to take a piece of established Detroit history and heritage like Grand Circus Park and name it after Ms. Mahaffey. There's no rhyme or reason other than to just cure your boredom.

Honor Mary Ann with something fitting. She was a strong advocate for womens' rights. Explore that. Next thing you know, the city council will want to rename the Detroit River after Jojo Watson passes away.

The transit terminal is a good fit, so I think that's fine. However, you can't just wake up one morning, look in the mirror as you brush your teeth, pause for a moment, and decide you want to take a piece of established Detroit history and heritage like Grand Circus Park and name it after Ms. Mahaffey. There's no rhyme or reason other than to just cure your boredom.

Honor Mary Ann with something fitting. She was a strong advocate for womens' rights. Explore that. Next thing you know, the city council will want to rename the Detroit River after Jojo Watson passes away.