Valparaiso University projects

okinawatyphoon

Valparaiso University is the premiere private university of northwest Indiana, and has a number of great projects going on! While not exactly urban, these projects are important to this university and the surrouding community.

Up first is the $74 million new student Union. At 202,000 sq feet, it is one large addition to campus, and the most expensive project ever undertaken by the university! Right now, they are working on the foundation. It is expected to be complete late 2008.

unionrendering.jpg

Next is the Northeast Parking Garage. With space for 386 vehicles, it will greatly reduce the parking problem on campus. It is about 40% complete. It is expected to be complete by late Spring or early Summer of this year.

ValparaisoParking.gif

Last but not least, the Meteorology department is putting up a doppler radar, one of the most sophisticated doppler radars in the United States. This project should be complete in a couple weeks.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I've always liked about Indiana, is the high amount of universities public and private it has. It sounds funny, but I like the names of them too. IN has alot of prestigious schools. So does my home state, but they have boring ass names. Instead of Purdue, and Valpariaso, and Notre Dame. We have Western Michigan, Central, Eastern. Blah Blah

boring. Don't know why I went off on that tangent, but oh well.

Archived