• NFL
    • MLB
    • NHL
    • NBA
    • MLS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Major League Soccer should expand in North Carolina. I think either the Triad or Triangle metros could get a team. The Triad is the only region that has really activly tried to lure an expansion team. Winston-Salem had proposed a downtown major league soccer stadium. Now it looks like that could be part of the "Heart of the Triad" development building a soccer stadium for the majors in between Greensboro and Winston-Salem as part of a professional sports complex.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a crime that the NFL doesn't have a team in Los Angeles. They need to expand and get that fixed asap. That is the 2nd largest tv market in the country w/ no team. Surely the NFL owners are smart enough to understand how much bigger their TV deal would be w/ a team out there. To add a 2nd team w/ it, San Antonio, TX would be really attractive. They really supported the Saints their, and they already have a nice stadium in the Alamo Dome. Other possibilities of course are Portland, OR, Memphis, TN, Columbus, OH or Birmingham, AL.

I don't care for soccer one bit, so as far as I'm concerned, that league could fold and I wouldn't care.

The NBA and MLB easily would be better if they contracted. MLB should contract the Nationals, and either the Devil Rays, Royals, or the Marlins.

The NBA needs to contract the Clippers and one other team. Not sure who though, but the Nets could be one or the Raptors or the Grizzlies.

The NHL needs to put some teams in more hockey traditional markets and move out of some of the non-traditional markets imo. The Thrashers come to mind as one of those teams as do the Panthers. Milwaukee, WI and Hartford, CT should both have hockey teams again and north of the boarder, Winnipeg should definitely have a team again. There have been some good Non-traditional markets that the NHL has worked in, "Predators, Blue Jackets, & Stars" are the best ones, and Hurricanes and Lightning aren't bad.

It's a crime that the NFL doesn't have a team in Los Angeles. They need to expand and get that fixed asap. That is the 2nd largest tv market in the country w/ no team. Surely the NFL owners are smart enough to understand how much bigger their TV deal would be w/ a team out there. To add a 2nd team w/ it, San Antonio, TX would be really attractive. They really supported the Saints their, and they already have a nice stadium in the Alamo Dome. Other possibilities of course are Portland, OR, Memphis, TN, Columbus, OH or Birmingham, AL.

I don't care for soccer one bit, so as far as I'm concerned, that league could fold and I wouldn't care.

The NBA and MLB easily would be better if they contracted. MLB should contract the Nationals, and either the Devil Rays, Royals, or the Marlins.

The NBA needs to contract the Clippers and one other team. Not sure who though, but the Nets could be one or the Raptors or the Grizzlies.

The NHL needs to put some teams in more hockey traditional markets and move out of some of the non-traditional markets imo. The Thrashers come to mind as one of those teams as do the Panthers. Milwaukee, WI and Hartford, CT should both have hockey teams again and north of the boarder, Winnipeg should definitely have a team again. There have been some good Non-traditional markets that the NHL has worked in, "Predators, Blue Jackets, & Stars" are the best ones, and Hurricanes and Lightning aren't bad.

I agree with some of what you said about Hockey, as for the NBA I think they just need to relocate some teams, I don't think they need to contract. As for the NFL they can't have a team in LA for quite sometime because of the contract that the NFL signed with SF/Oakland about controlling that market. hen Oakland moved from LA it basically made a contract that no team could move to LA I don't know the complete story. Also for a second team, I actually think College Station, TX where A&M plays. They are expanding the stadium to over 115,000 and it will upgrade a lot of the stadium, they have been doing so lately. The only problem I see with College Station, is its proximity to Houston and parctially Dallas. I don't know if San Antonio could consistantly hold an NFL team. As for baseball, I think they could contract about 10 teams and the league would be a lot better. I love baseball, but some teams are really uncompetitive and when they do become competitive they have to release players because of money.

I don't know which sports that would work for though? I think the NBA would be easiest, the NFL would have a hard time, because really its college/pro and the other leagues we don't even hear about and their are so many. Baseball would be better off gonig to 20 teams, and making those other teams AAA teams and working in that system. Also, it would take down the contracts a little I think. LEss teams, less demands.

I don't know which sports that would work for though? I think the NBA would be easiest, the NFL would have a hard time, because really its college/pro and the other leagues we don't even hear about and their are so many. Baseball would be better off gonig to 20 teams, and making those other teams AAA teams and working in that system. Also, it would take down the contracts a little I think. LEss teams, less demands.

I agree with some of what you said about Hockey, as for the NBA I think they just need to relocate some teams, I don't think they need to contract. As for the NFL they can't have a team in LA for quite sometime because of the contract that the NFL signed with SF/Oakland about controlling that market. hen Oakland moved from LA it basically made a contract that no team could move to LA I don't know the complete story. Also for a second team, I actually think College Station, TX where A&M plays. They are expanding the stadium to over 115,000 and it will upgrade a lot of the stadium, they have been doing so lately. The only problem I see with College Station, is its proximity to Houston and parctially Dallas. I don't know if San Antonio could consistantly hold an NFL team. As for baseball, I think they could contract about 10 teams and the league would be a lot better. I love baseball, but some teams are really uncompetitive and when they do become competitive they have to release players because of money.

The reason that Hockey is not in the markets that make sense is that they priced themselves out of those markets. I hope that you were not serious about College Station as an acceptable location for an NFL team. 1) the University would not allow them to do it. 2) there is not a market. College Station draws from across the state and would have to do the same thing to support a pro team. You are talking about dividing markets. Dallas is moving to Arlington to ensure that Fort Worth isn't divided out from it's market. 3) the NFL would not want a 100K plus stadium. the tickets become far less valuable if anyone who wants one can always get a ticket. I would have to look to see if TA&M is expanding to the 115K size that you say. I doubt it. I will check, though.

I checked and as I knew, Kyle Field was last expanded in 1999 to 82,600. It is currently triple decked and there is virtually no way to further expand it without tearing down the Bright Football Complex built in the South Endzone in 2003. Do not expect Kyle Field to be expanded again for many years. They did what they wanted in 1999. they made it the largest football stadium in Texas.

A long-term expansion plan for Texas A&M University's Kyle Field would add six decks to the south end zone, boosting the stadium's capacity to 115,000 and making it the largest football venue in the United States.

Texas A&M University officials on Friday detailed long-term expansion plans at Kyle Field that would create more than 30,000 additional seats at the football stadium.

Six new decks in the south end zone seating would help boost the stadium's capacity from 82,000 to 115,000, according to plans presented to the A&M System Board of Regents.

But constructing the south end zone and additional seating that wraps around the structure

Does the final four in San Antonio help to maybe aquire a professional team? The all-star game almost got LV a team, maybe will see how the city is run and how they can organize. Maybe most important how they can pack fans into an event...

• 1 month later...

I live in Charlotte but i'm from New York and when we got an NBA expansion team I was disappointed because I'm a huge baseball fan I hoped for a MLB expansion team to take its place but we got the Bobcats instead.

I live in Charlotte but i'm from New York and when we got an NBA expansion team I was disappointed because I'm a huge baseball fan I hoped for a MLB expansion team to take its place but we got the Bobcats instead.

• 1 month later...
What Tampa Bay Rays need to do is relocate to Downtown Orlando. Last month The Rays played in Orlando vs the Rangers in a 8500 seat stadium at Disney. It avered 8333 fans, but note that the tickets were more expensive than the tickets at Tropicana field, and they were playing the one of the worst teams in baseball. They still nearly sold out every game, and note the attendance at Tropicana field is about 10,000. If you bring a team Tampa bay or Marlins to Downtown Orlando (20 largest TV market) they will do very well given that the majority of the Orlando metro population is Northeast of Downtown, not southwest where Disney is at. And instead of rebuilding the Citrus Bowl the money could be used for a baseball stadium downtown with a retractable roof. Bring the Florida Marlins to O town

Archived