Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aporkalypse

Little Rock Central High

7 posts in this topic

I was looking for a Central HS thread to post this on and couldn't find one, so here is one.

The new Central High silver dollar...

centralcoin1.jpg

centralcoin2.jpg

There will be a lot going on over the next year marking the anniversary of the Central High crisis.

Also, for those of you upstate who haven't seen the beautiful old school, founded in 1929...

CardfrontWeb.jpg

central.jpg

LRCentral.jpg

lr7.jpg

little-rock.jpg

Also, for those of you upstate who haven't seen the beautiful old school, founded in 1929...

It's funny how reminiscent Old High in Bentonville is of Central, at least in some respects. They were built a year apart. It makes me wonder if Bentonville built to model after Central or build something beautiful because Central came along. Maybe its purely coincidence.

It's funny how reminiscent Old High in Bentonville is of Central, at least in some respects. They were built a year apart. It makes me wonder if Bentonville built to model after Central or build something beautiful because Central came along. Maybe its purely coincidence.

Central High received some architectural awards when it was built. I think many schools built around that time attempted to replicate central.