Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aporkalypse

Little Rock Film Festival

7 posts in this topic

I saw this in the Ark Times. Some LR native filmmakers Craig and Brent Renaud who've been living in NYC for a decade decided to do this to bring more film to the area. It will be held in the River Market and incorporate a lot of venues downtown as well as the Riverdale Theater.

Little Rock Film Festival

I'm glad they're doing this...but it will be competition for the hot springs documentary film festival.

I'm glad they're doing this...but it will be competition for the hot springs documentary film festival.

The film festival will be May 17-20, 2007. There will be 35 films shown. All of the activity will be in the River Market except for showings at Riverdale. Too bad Stephens never finished the rehab of the Center Theater on Main.

The film festival is this weekend. The highlight will be an early showing of "Knocked Up", a film written and directed by the maker of "40-Year Old Virgin". There are a lot of quality documentaries as well.

Most of the films are being shown in Riverdale. It would be nice if that could replace Market St as the city's arthouse theater. It's location is better-suited. It would also be nice if the Center Theater on Main could be renovated and incorporated into this.

The film festival is this weekend. The highlight will be an early showing of "Knocked Up", a film written and directed by the maker of "40-Year Old Virgin". There are a lot of quality documentaries as well.

Most of the films are being shown in Riverdale. It would be nice if that could replace Market St as the city's arthouse theater. It's location is better-suited. It would also be nice if the Center Theater on Main could be renovated and incorporated into this.

Agreed. Riverdale's location is much closer to the more artsy parts of the city, and I for one can rarely bring myself to make the drive from Hillcrest out to Market St--despite the excellent films they show there--when I can just drive down the hill to Riverdale.