Cascade History

joeDowntown

Does anyone know a good resource for the history of Cascade / Historical pictures?

I've tried the Cascade Library but their History room is woefully inadequate. In particular, I am trying to find out more about "Cascade Springs", which was supposed to be a hotel / health spa for rich Chicagoans looking for the fountain of youth. I guess the springs in Cascade were all the rage and people would travel there to get well (reminds me of Road to Wellville). If anyone has any information or pictures of the hotel, or the surrounding village of Cascade I would love to see it.

Joe

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know a good resource for the history of Cascade / Historical pictures?

I've tried the Cascade Library but their History room is woefully inadequate. In particular, I am trying to find out more about "Cascade Springs", which was supposed to be a hotel / health spa for rich Chicagoans looking for the fountain of youth. I guess the springs in Cascade were all the rage and people would travel there to get well (reminds me of Road to Wellville). If anyone has any information or pictures of the hotel, or the surrounding village of Cascade I would love to see it.

Joe

[/quote

I'm pretty sure the Township Hall has a book on their counter with the history of the township. I think they have photos on the walls also. (I've read the book waiting for a meeting or 2 :rolleyes: ) Not sure if it's available for sale or not. I'm not aware of any hotel at "the springs". The springs are along Cascade Springs Drive, go east on Cascade Raod, left on Thorncrest and then left on Cascade Springs. When get past the low spot, take a left again. I've been involved with two construction projects back there, lots of springs in the road and yards. The farthest back segment has newer homes on the side away from the river. They all have sump pumps. The reason they were built on last, all the good lots were gone. :whistling:

I've tried the downtown Library but other than plot maps, real estate cards and obits. they are very limited on Cascade information. I have also called the Ada Historical Society multiple times and have had to leave a message each time. No returned phone calls (not very nice). I also called the Cascade historian multiple times and my requests have fallen of deaf ears.

If anyone out there has any interesting information about Cascade, Cascade Springs or any clue of who I could talk to that will actually return my phone calls it would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

I've tried the downtown Library but other than plot maps, real estate cards and obits. they are very limited on Cascade information. I have also called the Ada Historical Society multiple times and have had to leave a message each time. No returned phone calls (not very nice). I also called the Cascade historian multiple times and my requests have fallen of deaf ears.

If anyone out there has any interesting information about Cascade, Cascade Springs or any clue of who I could talk to that will actually return my phone calls it would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Archived