Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seicer

West Virginia: Wild and wond.... open for business?

8 posts in this topic

West Virginia: Wild and... open for business?

:sick:

This reminds me of Kentucky's former slogan: "We are open for business!" followed by "Where education pays!". Now it is "Unbridled spirit" which is really nice.

It's a shame WV put up some nice signage with a beautiful background, but ruined it with a stupid slogan.

Article information:

"Wild and wonderful or open for business?

Associated Press

January 25, 2007"

Old welcome sign on minor state and U.S. highways --

http://www.millenniumhwy.net/signs&sig...WelcomeToWV.jpg

Old welcome sign on interstate and major U.S. highways --

wv_sign-799825.jpg

IMO, it was bland and boring, design-wise.

New welcome sign --

Sign.jpg

IMO, nice background and design, but the bottom slogan would be nice if it was cursive and if it read - "WILD AND WONDERFUL"

Eh, WV needs some business development pretty desperately. Nothing like hitting someone directly on the head with your message to get it across, lol.

That is a beautiful sign indeed but like Seicer said, a cursive script would be much more suitable and maybe the slogan could be a little more subtle.

You know, it's a very attractive sign. It wouldn't be so bad if it were simply changed to "Open..." and leave it at that and let people fill in the rest:

"Open...for business" ... "Open...to the imagination" ... "Open...to interpretation" ... etc.

That's a gorgeous sign... it was always comforting to see that photo last year during my brief exile in Ohio... seeing those trees and mountains when crossing from E. Liverpool to Chester told me I was close to home.