Saddle Creek Additions?

northernbizzkit1

Saddle Creek May Expand

36 Acres is pretty sweet...plus, I like the references to how they are keeping the mindset of the Germantown smart planning...maybe it will be Saddle Creek with an urban/town twist! IMO, if this indeed does happen, this would be the ideal spot for high-end retailers (a la Armani, Tiffany's, etc.) simply because it is in Germantown and in close proximity to East Memphis...much more appealing than Forest Hill Plaza, which is still nice. I was on MapQuest trying to figure out where such an expansion may be, but I can't pinpoint it. I'm curious as to whether 36 acres would allow for an anchor along the lines of Saks or something like that...it'd be neat if Nordstrom and Neimans went to Forest Hill Plaza and a Saddle Creek expansion got a third upscale tenant like Saks or Bloomingdales...o well...a dream!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest News

It's interesting to see that Saddle Creek is currently 17 acres and this addition is going to be 36 acres...I'm curious to see how it will go...the article refers to a mixed-use development, so I'm wondering if we're going to see condos/lofts above stores like the Germantown Mayor&Board of Alderman referenced in one of the Smart Growth meetings. Kinda is fitting considering this article:

Condo Sales Up in Germantown

Intresting. Germantown might actually become the the Harbortown of East Memphis. I can imagine Germantown becoming a pedestrian friendly town. Lets just hope the NIMBY's don't mess it up like they did with the Golden Tulip. If they don't like urbanity, let them move to Fayette or Tipton County lol. Germantown expects a decrease in youth population anyway. Might as well try to get some young professionals in the area to help keep the population steady.

Intresting. Germantown might actually become the the Harbortown of East Memphis. I can imagine Germantown becoming a pedestrian friendly town. Lets just hope the NIMBY's don't mess it up like they did with the Golden Tulip. If they don't like urbanity, let them move to Fayette or Tipton County lol. Germantown expects a decrease in youth population anyway. Might as well try to get some young professionals in the area to help keep the population steady.

Archived