One Wachovia to get big first floor makeover

Miesian Corners

They are putting in what looks like a space for a very large screen right beside the entrance of the bldg. Does anyone know what this will be? I keep thinking it will be just a mini-jumbotron with financial info being shown. (ie Bloomberg)

A2

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet, I am definately digging all of the animation and color signs being used to liven College up. From The Convention Center to The Epicenter we are going to add some seriously nice signage that will make the streetscape "come alive". :D

Going along with the info screens and the ticker, wonder if any other news stations will start doing their broadcasts from street level studios... Channel 3 I believe it is does theirs currently. Perhaps some sort of market watch show would fit in with the Wachovia building like with the stock exchange in NYC. I know, wishful thinking but after 9/11, trading did move down here for a while...

Haven't seen it in person but from the pictures I think it looks ok. Gotta start somewhere. We can't be Times Square over night. Maybe once they open up the ground floor and all of the plywood is down it will liven the area up a little more and make it more appealing.

this isnt trying to be times square though, for that kind of thing we need a very modern all glass sky scraper that some kind of media outlet uses and have the news scrolling across or something, then across the street have a building that is all stock market like with another one and some colorful scrollers, that would be times square like... and very cool :)

I'm torn. I definitely like the idea of adding any sort of vibrancy and color to an otherwise boring street front, but I also think it could have been done a little better. For one, the sign needs to be moved up at least another five or six feet - it's lower than the street lamp. It would have fit perfectly right below the windows above the archway with about a fifteen to twenty degree lean. On the other hand, the plywood does make everything look crowded and I am sure once the entrance area is opened up it will be much more pleasing to the eye.

I've seen it twice now over the last few days and I like the ticker. Of course, it would be nice if it spanned the entire building front but it still is eye catching. Definitely brings some color to the front. I'm glad it's not just one color like most tickers and has "pictures" or at least icons on it to spice it up a little.

I've seen it twice now over the last few days and I like the ticker. Of course, it would be nice if it spanned the entire building front but it still is eye catching. Definitely brings some color to the front. I'm glad it's not just one color like most tickers and has "pictures" or at least icons on it to spice it up a little.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just for comparison sake, I took this picture in Raleigh of their downtown ABC affiliate. This is a news ticker (not a stock ticker) but same general idea, right? Better, worse, same? I say better but it's not about the ticker, more about the landscaping. Wach will get this together though, and to be honest I haven't seen the Wach Stock Ticker in a week or two.

raleigh016bk0.jpg

Just for comparison sake, I took this picture in Raleigh of their downtown ABC affiliate. This is a news ticker (not a stock ticker) but same general idea, right? Better, worse, same? I say better but it's not about the ticker, more about the landscaping. Wach will get this together though, and to be honest I haven't seen the Wach Stock Ticker in a week or two.

raleigh016bk0.jpg

Archived