Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GR8scott

Club Soda

4 posts in this topic

I read in the school paper that Club Soda, a popular local music club is closing after more than 25 years. Its a small place but has hosted many local and nation acts such as nirvana and stevie ray vaughn. Back in the hayday of the late 80s early 90s Kalamazoo got all the national acts from Grand Rapids with Club Soda, State theater, Miller Auditorium, and Wings staudium. They are trying to buy a larger church building to move to and be able to attract larger crowds. Does anyone know what church or where it is?

I read in the school paper that Club Soda, a popular local music club is closing after more than 25 years. Its a small place but has hosted many local and nation acts such as nirvana and stevie ray vaughn. Back in the hayday of the late 80s early 90s Kalamazoo got all the national acts from Grand Rapids with Club Soda, State theater, Miller Auditorium, and Wings staudium. They are trying to buy a larger church building to move to and be able to attract larger crowds. Does anyone know what church or where it is?

Ouch. I have some seriously great memories there.

Just a few:

$1 off beers on Tuesdays meant that Huber Bock was $0.25 in bottles

Poster Children

Rocket from the Crypt

The Verve Pipe (free show, at their peak of popularity)

What about Rollinghead? Saw them at Club Soda quite a few times back in the early 90's. I really thought they were going to go big.