Kalamazoo Crane

bneidlinger

Well, I started taking pictures of all the new and recent developments around kzoo but my camera died. Here is the few pics I did get.

View from the Radisson Ramp of the Millder Paddock building crane

370232629_52750cf1d7.jpg

Now down to the street, this is a newly renovated Michigan Ave. Building

370232632_ab9f1e229e.jpg

Here is a view of the site from Bronson Park

370232637_0eeb4fed6a.jpg

Up close shot from across South Street - still working on pouring the underground garage. By the way, that 3 story brick building in the background is brand new Devissor Place

370232640_f89b438e3a.jpg

Also, snapped the front entrance of the new Chem building on WMU's main campus

370232626_eccef6bbc1.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should have 2 underground parking levels plus 2 levels above ground. Atop that should be 4 floors for offices - this building is being developed primarily for Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone attorneys by the Catalyst/Greenleaf Companies. They have outgrown their old office building several block away. There will still be space left for other businesses as well though and although it was scrapped; I believe they may still leave the option of adding 3 floors of condos up top of all that.

I'll have a few more pics soon; I am quite pleased with how the redevelopment of the Michigan Ave/Pitcher building is going. The orginial building is a 3 and 2 story and they have so far added on a 4 floor wing which has the facade going up as I type. However, so far i'm not 100% sure if I like the facade so much as well as the original brick building on the corner.

Archived