Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chris holman

Lower Broadway makeover

9 posts in this topic

No, not part of the Westin. That's what makes it a good thing, it's across the street from the Westin site and another good size chunk of Broadway to be restored. And to fill in that little parking lot ... it's about time.

Well, it looks like a good project, as long as they protect the facades. Although some of those buildings are in really bad condition, the facades are absolutely gorgeous. I have seen the musiccitysuites signs around downtown but I had been told that they were just a group of previous downtown owners that had banded together, not an investment group from Georgia.

Btw, I'm guessing they are going to be building new and extending the buildings behind onto that small parking lot, does anyone think that would give them the opportunity to do underground parking or some form of attached parking?

This project is interesting in that I think it will push the envelope with city leaders and those wanting to "preserve" Lower Broadway. If the developer can put together a presentation that will 200% convince the city that nothing will be removed, then he stands a fighting chance here.

I'm not sure why you think this project is pushing the envelope. I think its something that most of everyone would see fitting for this block. They are restoring a few blighted buildings and they said they will maintain the architectural integrity of the buildings. Along with filling up a surface parking lot. Personally I think this project is great for lower Broad. With this project and the Westin lower Broad will definitely be a sight to see here in a few years.

This project is interesting in that I think it will push the envelope with city leaders and those wanting to "preserve" Lower Broadway. If the developer can put together a presentation that will 200% convince the city that nothing will be removed, then he stands a fighting chance here.

On the surface this sounds like a very good project for Lower Broadway. If they restore the building facades, without changing the overall feel of the street, I don't see too much difficulty for this project. A big plus is the new retail and condo residents this project will bring adding to the overall vitality of Broadway.

I'm not sure why you think this project is pushing the envelope. I think its something that most of everyone would see fitting for this block. They are restoring a few blighted buildings and they said they will maintain the architectural integrity of the buildings. Along with filling up a surface parking lot. Personally I think this project is great for lower Broad. With this project and the Westin lower Broad will definitely be a sight to see here in a few years.

Interesting that I spoke to a policeman this week and he said they get a lot of noise compliants in the entertainment district from poeple that have bought DT. Problem with this is they are right in the middle of it. There is no noice ordinence in the entertaiment district either. A lot of the problems come form the bars letting out and the late night crowd. Thats the risk you take when you move DT.