Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cameronm

North Florida vs South Florida

6 posts in this topic

Which part of state has a better quality of life, finacially, family living, and more vibrate. You can decide where to put Orlando.

I honestly don't know how useful these city vs. city/area vs. area threads are. I think both north and south Florida have many positive qualities to offer their residents and visitors. I am more familiar with South Florida, but I am sure that there are many who would want nothing to do with the traffic/taxes/ population etc. of South Florida. Conversely, there are many residents of the southern half of the state who know little about the northern half. Orlando doesn't fit in very well with either half, but I would venture that it may have a bit more in common with the northern half- at least historically speaking. The present reality may well place it with the south. I like the idea that the two halves of Florida should remain distinct. Does everyone want to live in the same place? I'd hope not.

I honestly don't know how useful these city vs. city/area vs. area threads are. I think both north and south Florida have many positive qualities to offer their residents and visitors. I am more familiar with South Florida, but I am sure that there are many who would want nothing to do with the traffic/taxes/ population etc. of South Florida. Conversely, there are many residents of the southern half of the state who know little about the northern half. Orlando doesn't fit in very well with either half, but I would venture that it may have a bit more in common with the northern half- at least historically speaking. The present reality may well place it with the south. I like the idea that the two halves of Florida should remain distinct. Does everyone want to live in the same place? I'd hope not.

more $$$ in the south (Miami metro, that is).

however, Gainesville was rated US most liveable city at least twice (Seattle was also as a reference). It depends on what lifestyle one would want.

Jax has seasons whereas Miami does not.

Orlando seems to be a hybrid of sorts-- good neighborhoods; bad traffic; etc... it depends on what you want.

There are really 3 distinct areas in FL (IMHO): North, Central and South FL and I've lived in all 3. North FL and South FL are almost as completely different as you can get within one state. Central FL is really a hybrid of the two especially depending on where you are in Central FL. That said, I think JRS1 absolutely said it best: "It depends on what lifestyle one would want."