Developers now control 50+ properties in Belknap Lookout neighborhood

GRDadof3

Heck, why not build some commerical spots right on the highway by capping it (since this thread mentions something like that)? Commerical centers have always been built next to a highway in suburbia, now they can actually say they're on one! You can almost hear the advertisements say, "Take the Fuller exit and you are right at our doorstep!" :rolleyes:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Veloise,

I'm sorry you feel the way you do (K.D.)

I'm new to Urban Planet, Really cool to read all the great posts and excitment for the city of G.R.

Unfortunately, there are always people-no matter how much you try to do in life -that will find some sort of fault in everything that you do. That is why pushing forward or going for your dreams can stop a lot of people-fear of what one tenant might say because the truth is- no matter how hard of a perfect landlord I may have tried to be- I am sure I have failed a few or more times.

For starters, we now have an office in place and a management team- that checks references, and makes sure that rent is collected on time- (as opposed to believing everytime they say they've been out for 3 weeks at a time and couldn't find a mailbox or a friend to write the check for them)

THE OFFICE AND THE HELP- We have built up to that. (Obviously, when we started with our first five buildings I was on my own.)

We have purchased with the intentions of bringing a positive change-and for some people change can be difficult- it is even more difficult when you are dealing with thousands of different people, with different opinions and different ideas.

Our goal is not to dwell on what we DON'T have in common- but rather - what we DO have in common.

HOW CAN WE CREATE SOMETHING that we ALL will be proud of?

ENOUGH SAID.

bloggers-I look forward to posting again and helping to paint the picture...........

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know what part of the neighborhood these 50 properties are in? Are they mostly adjacent parcels, or are they scattered? I'd like to see some changes to the neighborhood. Perhaps rowhouses along Lafeyette and more neighborhood commercial (not liquor stores), but I wouldn't want to see anything too drastic like the leveling of blocks so houses with bigger lots could be built.

Archived