East Beach Villas at Pretty Lake Progress

vdogg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here you go

At the southernmost edge of the project, the Pretty Lake District offers immediate access to pleasure boat marinas on Little Creek Inlet, which provides easy passage to Chesapeake Bay. In the Pretty Lake District, the transition to formal urbanism is completed. Because of its location and building types (more multi-family and condo units here), this district is meant to evoke memorable waterfront communities such as Annapolis, Md.; or established cities such as Old Town Alexandria, Va., or Georgetown in Washington, D.C.

East Beach will be finished in seven phases. So far, the first phase is complete and the second phase is nearing completion. The third and fourth are under way simultaneously; the fifth and sixth are about to launch. The seventh phase, which will be a mixed-use development along Shore Drive, currently is in the planning stage.

At build-out, the neighborhood will have 700 homes, possibly more. At press time, roughly 140 single-family and cottage homes were built or under construction; another 40 mixed-use condos (retail on ground floor) also were under construction.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This is a terrific story, OT, and a great Outer Banks-like picture.

Is East Beach east or west of the Ches Bay Bridge/Tunnel? A friend told me that the old US 60 near Cape Henry and Ft. Storey/Seashore State Park is now lined with lots of new residential.

• 9 months later...

Phases 1-3 of this project are now complete, phases 4 & 5 are about to get underway. This is a a link to a document about and upcoming street closure that includes some details of the project. Warning! .pdf file. When I find a nice, warm, and sunny day (and some time), I will go out and take pics.

Phases 1-3 of this project are now complete, phases 4 & 5 are about to get underway. This is a a link to a document about and upcoming street closure that includes some details of the project. Warning! .pdf file. When I find a nice, warm, and sunny day (and some time), I will go out and take pics.

• 1 year later...

Archived