Jane Fonda needs to shut the f' up

MadVlad

Hasn't Jane Fonda learned to shut her mouth yet? Apparently not, since she's now protesting the Iraq War. She's lucky she wasn't brought up on Treason charges from Vietnam. While I agree with the protest, she is not the person to protest this War. She's doing more harm than good, let's hope she falls off the podium....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course she CAN say what she wants, but she really needs to shut her mouth. OJ has freedom of speech too, but does anyone want to hear him talk about trying to find his wife's killer? There's a time when certain people need to realize when to shut their mouths, this is one such time....

Hasn't Jane Fonda learned to shut her mouth yet? Apparently not, since she's now protesting the Iraq War. She's lucky she wasn't brought up on Treason charges from Vietnam. While I agree with the protest, she is not the person to protest this War. She's doing more harm than good, let's hope she falls off the podium....

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_025174945.html

My friend who is currently in Iraq gave me this link to a story about a company of Minnesota National Guard troops that freed some Iraqis from a torture house where there were torture instruments such as blow torches, knives, and syringes, and the walls were stained with blood.

Two of the victims were able to exit the house on their own while one had to be carried out because of burns, cuts, and shattered kneecaps.

Just reading about that made me sick.

Even more frustrating is that you read about American soldiers liberating those people and yet our government has practiced torture to get information out of people.

My friend gets very annoyed with both sides of the war issue. He likes freedom fry munching Toby Keith listening flag bearing rednecks no more than he likes the Jane Fonda types. They're really the same type of people when it comes down to it. Ignorant, stupid, and hypocritical and looking for someone to follow.

Hmmmm..... Am I reading this thread right or am I missing something here? Granted, to my understanding Jane Fonda did some questionable things during the Vietnam war. But it seems she protesting the Iraq War. Isn't a majority of American People against the Iraq War? From my view point that answer is a resounding yes. Yet I'm reading "she should shut the f* up" or "who cares" on most of this thread. One plus one does not equal one on a bun, you know. MadVlad or anyone, can you please post a preferably unbiased news article or something about the development to accompany this thread so people who don't keep tabs on the news as often as they should do not jump to conclusions blindly.

This being the United States of America, which guarantees us the "freedom of speech," she can say anything she wants about anything she wants (She=Jane Fonda). Yes, there are times that people, beit a majority or a minority will not want to hear what a person has to say, celeb or not. And furthermore, people may have painted themselves based on past actions that now may "taint" what they have to say. But they still have the right to say it. If it offends certain people, it may do them best just to ignore it.

MadVlad, no one but the far right still holds Fonda's actions in Vietnam against her. She broke no laws, and today the majority largely agrees with the point she was trying to make about the war, that our government was going too far. Furthermore, the stories that she handed notes from POWs to the enemy are false. They have been refuted by the very POWs named in the stories.

^^ Alright. What is she doing now? Is she slamming our troops fighting in Iraq or is she saying that the war is a mistake like most of the anti-war people are saying? If sshe is slamming our troops then that is a problem. If not, I say let her protest.

You might want to do some fact-checking before you make such claims. Here's an about.com article on Fonda's actions. Here's another from Snopes. Now you've seen the stories refuted. Sure, some of Fonda's actions were questionable, but not one person was harmed by her "horrible" actions. POWs were indeed beaten for refusing to meet with Fonda, but that was not her doing. She was wrong when she accused POWs of lying about torture, but she had no way of knowing at the time that the few POWs she met were coerced into telling her they were being treated humanely. That makes her gullible, perhaps, but not a traitor.

She has apologised for those photographs repeatedly and profusely. She was out of line, but the rest of her actions were a justifiable opposition to war crimes being committed by our government. The anti-aircraft gun incident was completely irrelevent to the purpose of her trip.

If Fonda's actions were so horrible, why hasn't she been charged with a single crime?

Archived