Romantic Spots in Downtown?

OK, this isn't being asked for me, I SWEAR! I have a friend who is wanting to propose to the person of his dreams during a weekend getaway to Charlotte. They will be staying in the downtown area. I was asked if there was any kind of romatic place where he could potentially "POP" the question. Can you guys help with some recommendations! Don't forget, with Valentine's coming up others could potentially use the info as well! :thumbsup:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are two nice little gardens on the back sides of the mint museum (a short trip from DT). Very small, very secluded. They each have little fountains and pools of water that i have taken a date or two in the past (with great success i might add hehe). I think that they do lock them up after dark, but otherwise i think they are pretty "romantic". hope that helps

There is also the McNinch House restaurant, depending on your friend's financial situation. It is maybe $250 for a 3 hour dinner for a couple. It is Charlotte's only 4 diamond restaurant, and it is gorgeous inside, very private, and very romantic. You have to make reservations far in advance, so if your friend is interested, he should plan early. I figure if he has spent thousands on a ring, why not a couple hundreds on an memorable dinner setting.

http://www.mcninchhouserestaurant.com

But seriously is a 200 dollar dinner so absurd when you've just spent, say, 5-10 grand on a ring? :)

Gosh, I probably spent a grand on the setting for my proposal (which I'll keep private :) ).

But that is true, that if you are limiting the discussion to downtown, you can't beat a carriage ride, a walk through 4th Ward Park, past the victorian houses, perhaps a brief moment under the treasure tree on Settler's Lane ( http://treasuretree.org/treeid9.htm ), and a 3 hour romantic dinner at McNinch.

When I proposed to my wife I had my heart set on doing it at The Green (the park at the Ratcliffe) as it is our favorite park in the city and a place we enjoy going to in the warmer months. Unfortunately when I picked up the ring from the jewelers I couldn't wait any longer and popped the question at her apartment.

Good luck! Whatever he chooses it will no doubt be a memorable moment. I would advise not to take any of our ideas as your own, just have him do what is him and she'll love it!

Another romantic option would be to say at the luxurious Blake Hotel, take a magical stroll through Marshall Park, and stop for sweet kiss in front of the pebble American Flag, and walk down East Doctor Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard to the Nascar Museum construction site in time for their dynamite testing. Perhaps a stop at the Burger King in the Charlotte Transport Center to top it off and cut back down Trade to get the judge to sign off before returning to the Blake.

Another romantic option would be to say at the luxurious Blake Hotel, take a magical stroll through Marshall Park, and stop for sweet kiss in front of the pebble American Flag, and walk down East Doctor Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard to the Nascar Museum construction site in time for their dynamite testing. Perhaps a stop at the Burger King in the Charlotte Transport Center to top it off and cut back down Trade to get the judge to sign off before returning to the Blake.

I rented the room on the 9th floor of the Dunhill facing Tryon for myself and my wife a few years ago. This is right below the Penthouse level, because I was told by a former manager that it was actually a nicer room than the Penthouse itself. I haven't been in both to compare, but the room on the 9th (905 maybe) was amazing.

I rented the room on the 9th floor of the Dunhill facing Tryon for myself and my wife a few years ago. This is right below the Penthouse level, because I was told by a former manager that it was actually a nicer room than the Penthouse itself. I haven't been in both to compare, but the room on the 9th (905 maybe) was amazing.

Archived