Bush is a lame duck: People wish his presidency was over.

Snowguy716

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has come out today that Bush used a paid oil lobbyest, who now works for Exxon, to water down reports from scientists about the threat of global warming. To think that we have lost 8 whole years to deal with this issue because of this man is simply depressing. Years from now future generations are going to look back at this disaster of a president and wonder why people were so stupid to vote him into office. They will wonder why we didn't care about the future. That is a good question.

It has come out today that Bush used a paid oil lobbyest, who now works for Exxon, to water down reports from scientists about the threat of global warming. To think that we have lost 8 whole years to deal with this issue because of this man is simply depressing. Years from now future generations are going to look back at this disaster of a president and wonder why people were so stupid to vote him into office. They will wonder why we didn't care about the future. That is a good question.

I know full well that EC votes are all that matter, and that Bush got more than Kerry. I never disputed either of those facts. I disputed your initial point that Bush's message was somehow more "convincing" or "appealing" to the American people than those of his Democratic opponents. In both elections, the results were extremely close, and Bush won due to technicalities of the electoral process. I don't see how you can draw the conclusion that his message was vastly superior.

Read my post again. I never denied that Bush received more votes in '04 than Gore did in '00. I said, "Gore recieved more votes than any other presidential candidate in history to that date." That his record was broken by both major candidates in '04 doesn't change the fact that Gore held the record. Not bad for a candidate with an "unconvincing" message.

Enough with the strawmen. What do you propose the Republicans do in '08, now that their superior, convincing message has been shown to be a lie.

We'd be the WUSSES of the world because we'd be kissing the world's collective behind in hopes of keeping the peace and praying they don't bully us through terrorism. We still would have been attacked, but rather than striking back we'd have cowered into a corner and hoped the big, bad funny-speaking men would eventually go away and leave us alone.

I'm sorry.. this part of the post was incredibly nasty and sarcastic and unnecessary.

SBC, I'm not attacking you for being conservative. My frustrations lie completely with the president and his administration. I shouldn't be using so many blanket terms. I just get a little carried away. A good friend of mine is a strong conservative and Bush supporter and we bicker and argue ALL the time, but that doesn't mean we can't go out and have a beer and just shoot the sh*t... though I do get a kick out of the look on his face when I refer to President Hillary :P

Neither option was more appealing than the other. I remember the months leading up to the election people complaining about how they were too alike, and both too boring. That's why Ralph Nader attracted so many votes in that election.

And your above statement has a big hole in it: Bush received fewer votes. How can someone who receives fewer votes be more appealing than the person who got more votes?

You can't live your life based on "what ifs." Who cares what might have happened IF Gore had been elected. He wasn't, and I'm of the opinion that we'd be worse off today had he been elected. We'd be the WUSSES of the world because we'd be kissing the world's collective behind in hopes of keeping the peace and praying they don't bully us through terrorism. We still would have been attacked, but rather than striking back we'd have cowered into a corner and hoped the big, bad funny-speaking men would eventually go away and leave us alone.

At some point the United States had to flex its muscles. War is a necessary evil, and in this case it was a JUSTIFIED necessary evil.

^ thank you.

if being a wuss is involving yourself in rooted diplomacy and pondering the actions you are about to take - then so be it. i would call it something more along the lines of... intelligence. knee jerk reactionary anti-diplomacy is ultimately the path of a fool. growing up i went to school with a bunch of rednecks who lived by this path - i know the mentality well.

it's funny what peoples defenition of a wuss is... it should be noted that gore and kerry both served in the military and saw action, where as bush skipped out on duties, drank alot, and had a straw up his nose.

• 7 months later...

Well in a little more than a year Bush will be finally gone. I found this rarely seen clip of Bush sticking his middle finger up to the democratic party. "The one fingered victory salute" as he says. And the Christian evangelicals are supporting this guy.

I just hope we dont see Rudy replace him.

During the 2000 primary, the media put up GW Bush as a governmental wunderkid who would bring his talents to the US Government to straighten everything out. They gave him almost endless coverage in this regard during the primaries. Somehow during this process they completely missed that his academic credentials were mediocre at best, the fact that he basically did nothing but drink and party into his 40s, that every business that he ever managed was first given to him by his family, then thoroughly destroyed by his ineptness, and under his tenure as governor of Texas, all of the basic QOF measurements went down. (though the rich and businesses got richer).

Somehow the media missed all of this and made it sound like GW Bush was equivalent to the second coming in politics. None of his GOP competitors stood a chance and the only one that made a serious challenge to him, McCain, was smeared like a bug under a boot with slur tactics by the GOP machinery that had already GW Bush was going to be the nominee.

Somehow the media missed all of this.

It's amazing how bad things can get when people don't do their own homework and instead listen to the pundants, religious loud mouths, and make decisions based on information put forth by our own corporate controlled mass media who is very interested in keeping a business friendly government in place. 8 years later GW Bush no longer looks like a wunderkid, but somehow, everyone has forgotten what the media said about him.

It's amazing how bad things can get when people don't do their own homework and instead listen to the pundants, religious loud mouths, and make decisions based on information put forth by our own corporate controlled mass media who is very interested in keeping a business friendly government in place. 8 years later GW Bush no longer looks like a wunderkid, but somehow, everyone has forgotten what the media said about him.

Archived