Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BreakfastPills

Name that restaurant /other locale

349 posts in this topic

Okay, so this is a follow-up to the guessing game from the dining thread. I'm extending to restaurants AND other Richmond recognizable locations.

Rules: Basically post a picture or give hints, and see if anyone can guess the correct location.

Let's begin. Can anyone guess what location has a second story window that gives you this nice downtown view?:

1003525hl1.th.jpg

(Clickable thumbnail)

Yep, Cafe Gutenberg is absolutely correct. They make a pretty decent tiramisu... but their banoffi pie is most amazing.

Here's another one to guess... once again, it's the view that gives it away:

gdeckkf7.jpg

Man I love the view from Legend's outdoor deck!

Here's one (sorry no picture): What is the name of an out-of-the-way but popular lunch spot not far from Gilpen Court? It's near one of Richmond's universities.

This is an obscure one that has not been discussed in the other restaurant thread. If you need additional hints, I'll be happy to supply them -- one at a time. :rolleyes:

Does everyone agree that the last restaurant should be identified before we move on to the next one? Otherwise, we'll be all over the map.

I'm waiting for guesses on the above. :D

It has been in business for 33 years -- 6 years at its current location.

Is it Croaker's spot?

Wait a minute, thats not out of the way

Another hint: Postal workers among others enjoy lunches and breakfasts at the popular spot ranging in price from about $2.95 to $7.95.

Its name might put one in mind of a cattle farm.

Unfortunately I work too far away to visit this place on my lunch break. I will check this place out as soon as I'm able.

Unfortunately I work too far away to visit this place on my lunch break. I will check this place out as soon as I'm able.

How about a Grace Street tradition known for its awesome sandwiches? Hint: I enjoyed the Chimborazo sandwich on my last lunch visit.

How about a Grace Street tradition known for its awesome sandwiches? Hint: I enjoyed the Chimborazo sandwich on my last lunch visit.

There is also a McLeans 2 in Mechanicsville. I'm not sure if that is the same owners or not. I've only been to the one on West Broad. Actually, I haven't been in awhile - thanks for the reminder!

How about a small place that has incredible soups that is soon moving into a much larger location across the street? My favorite on a cold day is the tomato soup with a grilled cheese... which by the way is the most unique grilled cheese I've ever had.