Name that restaurant /other locale

BreakfastPills

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I didn't know the name of Panda veg, but I guessed the right location when I said it was probably in those tacky buildings on Grace at the corner of Shaffer. IMO, Grace Street is an unsightly mess between Laurel and Harrison with one or two exceptions.

Quiz: What restaurant is on the second floor above Stuffy's? And what is its location?

Maybe I didn't know the name of Panda veg, but I guessed the right location when I said it was probably in those tacky buildings on Grace at the corner of Shaffer. IMO, Grace Street is an unsightly mess between Laurel and Harrison with one or two exceptions.

Quiz: What restaurant is on the second floor above Stuffy's? And what is its location?

Sunday brunch at Godfrey's is always a good time. :)

I don't know about the hair-pulling, but I do know that you have to get there early if you don't want to end up sitting on the steps rather than at a table. They used to make someone from the group come down in person to get a place in line (get on the list). Nine AM on a Sunday comes awfully early when you've been out the night before... Now I think you can call down there rather than having to show up in person.

Oh, and the location is either the 400 or 500 block of East Grace Street.

You are almost 100% correct, nhughes. Cabo's Corner is at the s/e corner of Broad and Allison Streets (about a block west of Meadow).

PS. I think Allison extends from Broad south to Park Avenue where it becomes Strawberry Street.

Now nhughes, your turn to post a poser. :)

It used to be Matt's Pub, but when it closed, it was known as Fusion.

There was an intimate comedy club in the basement for a long time, and two levels of bar and restaurant on the street and 2nd floors.

Nice space. But though it was there almost as long as The Tobacco Company, it never really caught on.

I don't think the original name was Matt's, but could be wrong. It is on South 12th Street between Cary and Canal. Does anyone know what, if anything, now occupies the space?

It used to be Matt's Pub, but when it closed, it was known as Fusion.

There was an intimate comedy club in the basement for a long time, and two levels of bar and restaurant on the street and 2nd floors.

Nice space. But though it was there almost as long as The Tobacco Company, it never really caught on.

I don't think the original name was Matt's, but could be wrong. It is on South 12th Street between Cary and Canal. Does anyone know what, if anything, now occupies the space?

Archived