Mike Huckabee Running in 2008 Presidential Race

mcheiss

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know I liked Huckabee quite a bit but I kept hearing more and more about some of the things he did and so on that make me wonder a bit more about him now. But I don't think any of us are going to have to worry about it. I would think it miraculous if he got very far into the primaries. There's just too many names out there. I haven't heard anything about Clark running this time.

You know I liked Huckabee quite a bit but I kept hearing more and more about some of the things he did and so on that make me wonder a bit more about him now. But I don't think any of us are going to have to worry about it. I would think it miraculous if he got very far into the primaries. There's just too many names out there. I haven't heard anything about Clark running this time.

I just keep hearing all this stuff the Ethics Board has been saying about him. Ironically I don't really hear much about it until he's now left office. But then again I don't usually get into politics and don't always keep up with everything that is going on. The latest is something about him destroying a bunch of computer hard drives. But it sounds like these were state property not his own and he shouldn't have destroyed them unless they were his own.

I wasn't fond of Huck naming lakes, nature centers, etc after himself and his wife while they were still in office. I mean, how many things were named after other governors like Tucker, Clinton, White, etc while they were in office?

In any case I think Huck's a 3rd tier candidate. He won't do well against the likes of McCain and Giuliani.

There are a couple of other people with Arkansas connections who could make noise. Hillary Clinton is the obvious one but LR native Wesley Clark is often mentioned as a favorite VP candidate. He's a good speaker and debater but the main reason he's touted for VP is his military background and the tougher image it portrays for softer Democrats. Clark ran for president in 2004 but probably won't this time because he and Hillary share the same support network.

• 3 months later...

I've had my political friends say they think he would fare well if he could get to the presidential election. But none of them thought he'd be able to win the republican nomination though. Like Aporkalypse said, he probably would have to rely on getting a VP bid. Seems to me he's not going to get enough funds to really get himself to stick out enough from the rest of the crowd as well.

Archived