Springfield Annexation

A resolution declaring the intent of the City of Springfield to annex approximately 91.75 acres of private property adjacent to the existing City limits, which annexation has been petitioned by the property owners, and which property is generally located on the South Side of the 3800 Block of West Sunshine Street (US Hwy 60).

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, it seems that the city is slacking when it comes to annexing anything. There is about 30,000 people living right outside the city, especialy on the south and east sides of town. They really need to get a move on it. I also wonder what the density is going to be like in Springfield by 2010. We are already more dense than OKC, Little Rock, and Nashville. Have you see how many 4 story apartments are going up around town! I think in the last 3 years we have added about 5,000 apartmants! The biggest boom is occuring right now with Airport Plaza (700+) TLC Properties (2,000 +)... I really need to find more infor on this.

Well, it seems that the city is slacking when it comes to annexing anything. There is about 30,000 people living right outside the city, especialy on the south and east sides of town. They really need to get a move on it. I also wonder what the density is going to be like in Springfield by 2010. We are already more dense than OKC, Little Rock, and Nashville. Have you see how many 4 story apartments are going up around town! I think in the last 3 years we have added about 5,000 apartmants! The biggest boom is occuring right now with Airport Plaza (700+) TLC Properties (2,000 +)... I really need to find more infor on this.

• 3 months later...

Springfield is going to annex more than 5,000 acres. Whoa, that's huge numbers! What it made them to do that? Guess what? Willard recently annexed some area, and brought Meadows Water Company for water and sewer systems which are part of Springfield. Springfield-Branson National Airport are using Meadows Water Company, and Airport Zone. That what they are worrying about it... as Willard taking lands more which uses Meadows Water Company.

Where are they going to annex? Northwest by I-44.

Clicky Clicky

Wow, that is alot of land over there! I wonder if will will add enough people to make us the most populous Springfield? We only need like 2,000 or so to beat Springfield, Mass. However this will hurt our density a little too. <_< Maybe the city will be smart and offer incentives for developers who choose to build out there. I guess will see.

Wow, that is alot of land over there! I wonder if will will add enough people to make us the most populous Springfield? We only need like 2,000 or so to beat Springfield, Mass. However this will hurt our density a little too. <_< Maybe the city will be smart and offer incentives for developers who choose to build out there. I guess will see.

Archived