East On The Park

gatorfan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they feel pretty good about this thing happening. This morning, they started building a tent for a party, which I presume will be tonight. They cut plywood and laid it down on the ground and then laid red carpet over it leading from the sidewalk to the tent. This afternoon, they have been decorating cocktail tables under the tent. They also put up a sign showing the building and the usual "starting at" jargon at the fence next to the developer one.

A colleague of mine just told me that it is their official ground breaking tonight.

I rode by there on my bike tonight at about 6:00 and the party was in full swing. I saw some folks that work for Ustler there and other people.

They had something similar to his for Paramount ground breaking so I am going to assume that this is what it was. They must have some units presold if they are getting ready to build. I would be interested to know how many.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

there was some sort of deal-io today and this project was a topic of discussion. I think this thing is going to get done. A decent realtor that I know has a unit towards the top and is pretty gung-ho about it-- hopefully it gets done.

This is a day or two from going back to the city for approval. I believe the city was pretty much waiting for the property's neighbors to get things settled. There were a few guys out on property this morning. Not sure what for, but I think I saw one of them wearing a hard hat.

This is a day or two from going back to the city for approval. I believe the city was pretty much waiting for the property's neighbors to get things settled. There were a few guys out on property this morning. Not sure what for, but I think I saw one of them wearing a hard hat.

Yeah but you would end up paying at least that much in Star Tower for a big fat view of nothing. To me these prices, specifically in this building are a steal. The views are unrivaled, and you've only got 40 some neighbors. Plus you can say that you live in Downtowns ugliest condo- Priceless.

Archived