Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pyaxi

Republic Annexation

22 posts in this topic

Republic aldermen to discuss Terrell Creek

Agenda items include a possible vote allowing the mayor to send a letter to Missouri Partners Inc. The document would state the city

Hmm that makes me think I ought to switch tracks. I was wanting to try and get a loan to open a pizzeria/coffee shop next to SMS, Drury or Evangel but nothing the right size is poping up. But if Republic is looking at doubling its population in 10 years then it might be a good idea to open in Republic first and expand into Springfield at a later date.

A pizza shop by MSU would do great if you kept it cheap or had delivery.

I know it would. Thats where I was looking at. And mine would be cheap actually. Have you heard of Giorgio's Pizza in Lebanon, not the one in Springfield their not run by the same person. The one in Lebanon is run by a friend of mine. He and his father, who owns GW's Pizza in St. Robert, have the largest pizzas in the state. I already have his permission to use his recipes. In fact if you look at the sizes of their pizzas their larger then most pizza places. He has a 10 inch, 14 inch, 16 inch, 20 inch, and 30 inch pizzas. The 14 inch is everyone elses Large. Their is only one pizza place that I am aware of that sells the 16 inch, other than Brian, and that is Papa Johns. The 30 inch is sold nowhere else in the state.

He sells the 20 inch pizza in Lebanon for under $20. Most places you would end up paying for a pizza half the size, the Large, for the same amount. And to show you how big the 30 inch is. Go stand in a door way and touch the door jam with your hands. Thats how wide it is. A 30 inch almost won't fit through a doorway. And you almost have to have an SUV to haul it in with the back seat down.

Anyways I have been looking for places near SMS and Drury and am not finding any good locations. I would need at least 1500 square feet and thats for a carryout and delivery only. I need 2000 square feet minium for dine in, carryout and delivery. And I would definately deliver. With the size of those pizzas I could make a killing at SMS, Drury and Evangel. If you have some good locations let me know and I will check them out. Otherwise I'm out of options. So far the closest I have seen for rent or sale is over on Boonville across from SMS's NanoTechnology Center. Thats a good distance from SMS proper. And it don't have much in the way of parking either.

I know it would. Thats where I was looking at. And mine would be cheap actually. Have you heard of Giorgio's Pizza in Lebanon, not the one in Springfield their not run by the same person. The one in Lebanon is run by a friend of mine. He and his father, who owns GW's Pizza in St. Robert, have the largest pizzas in the state. I already have his permission to use his recipes. In fact if you look at the sizes of their pizzas their larger then most pizza places. He has a 10 inch, 14 inch, 16 inch, 20 inch, and 30 inch pizzas. The 14 inch is everyone elses Large. Their is only one pizza place that I am aware of that sells the 16 inch, other than Brian, and that is Papa Johns. The 30 inch is sold nowhere else in the state.

He sells the 20 inch pizza in Lebanon for under $20. Most places you would end up paying for a pizza half the size, the Large, for the same amount. And to show you how big the 30 inch is. Go stand in a door way and touch the door jam with your hands. Thats how wide it is. A 30 inch almost won't fit through a doorway. And you almost have to have an SUV to haul it in with the back seat down.

Anyways I have been looking for places near SMS and Drury and am not finding any good locations. I would need at least 1500 square feet and thats for a carryout and delivery only. I need 2000 square feet minium for dine in, carryout and delivery. And I would definately deliver. With the size of those pizzas I could make a killing at SMS, Drury and Evangel. If you have some good locations let me know and I will check them out. Otherwise I'm out of options. So far the closest I have seen for rent or sale is over on Boonville across from SMS's NanoTechnology Center. Thats a good distance from SMS proper. And it don't have much in the way of parking either.

Hmm College Station. There is a building not too far from College Station I had been looking at thats for sale. I had turned it down mainly cause I had thought from the pictures that College Station was nothing more then a parking garage. But after some reading I find that College station is more than that parking garage that its going to have a multiplex theater also. So it might end up being a good location. Of course Wilhoit could be an idea too.

On One hand I would own the building and in say 5 years probably have it paid off. Compared to having to rent one. It is a toss up. There is freedom to owning the building that you don't have as someone leasing. Though if I leased in Wilhoit it does have some 5000 square foot space I can divide in half for the coffee shop if I choose to go that route. Also College Station is farther away than Wilhoit is from SMS.

It is a toss-up. On one hand you have alot of business that will be drawn to the area when College Station is completed, especially when that theater is opened. On the other hand Wilhoit is within walking distance of SMS.

Anyways this is all assumption on my part. No matter what location if I don't obtain the loans I definately won't be opening.

^ If I were you I would try and find a single space anywhere downtown that isn't far from the foot traffic other than College Station and Wilhoit Plaza. Don't get me wrong both of those are great locations but unless you want to pay an arm and leg for it I wouldn't do it. The College Station Car Park is owned by the city so I can only imagin what price they will ask. There are still some great spots tucked away downtown to lease out. Just take your time and have plenty of patience.

I figure I would make more than enough to offset for an high lease. But thats why I was looking at buying a building. There is a building selling for $250,000 around the corner from College Station. If I did that area that would be a good location than actually renting in College Station itself. The one thing stopping me from making a final decisition on that building is in the description it says its Approx 3000 square feet. I assume thats for the entire thing which means its probably 1500 square feet per floor. Now 1500 square feet can be done for a carryout/delivery. But in that location I would prefer having at least a little room for a dine-in also.

Personally If I am going to do Springfield period I would prefer to get closer to SMS or Drury. But there isn't much available in that area. College Station would be a nice alternative though.

Also I am not rushing into things. This is not the first location I have looked at. I had been looking at one on Commercial street for awhile. I finally lost out on it due to not acting on it. I have been looking at doing this now for over 6 months. The only thing holding me back from going full speed ahead is the location.

I figure I would make more than enough to offset for an high lease. But thats why I was looking at buying a building. There is a building selling for $250,000 around the corner from College Station. If I did that area that would be a good location than actually renting in College Station itself. The one thing stopping me from making a final decisition on that building is in the description it says its Approx 3000 square feet. I assume thats for the entire thing which means its probably 1500 square feet per floor. Now 1500 square feet can be done for a carryout/delivery. But in that location I would prefer having at least a little room for a dine-in also.

Personally If I am going to do Springfield period I would prefer to get closer to SMS or Drury. But there isn't much available in that area. College Station would be a nice alternative though.

Also I am not rushing into things. This is not the first location I have looked at. I had been looking at one on Commercial street for awhile. I finally lost out on it due to not acting on it. I have been looking at doing this now for over 6 months. The only thing holding me back from going full speed ahead is the location.

Thanks. Right now my main worry is getting the money to open. I know I can make a killing especially with the 20 inch and 30 inch pizzas. I just have to persuade the banks.

Thanks. Right now my main worry is getting the money to open. I know I can make a killing especially with the 20 inch and 30 inch pizzas. I just have to persuade the banks.

Actually I would be the third person in the state. Giorgio's Pizza in Lebanon, owned by my friend Brian, was the first. His Dad who owns GW's Pizza in St. Roberts would be the second. I would be the First in Springfield though.

I had started on a website months ago for this. You can find it http://onestoppizza.com

One page is currently returning 404 as I have yet to finish it. It's the Contact Us page. And ignore the Gifts page as it currently has only gift certificates that would be useless untill I opened. Though I want to add logoed items to that page for sale also. Ya know t-shirts, hats and the like.

Anyways I am drawing your attention to the Menu page. First off notice the prices. The large, same size as Pizza Huts large, is about half the price of Pizza Hut's large. The King is about a dollar or two below Pizza Hut's large. And the Queen well look at it like this. 4 larges are about the same size as one Queen.

We have a few speciality pizzas that are unique to the stores I mentioned above as well as mine. In fact there is a couple on that menu I added personally for my store. The Grudge, and Friday the 13th are not offered at Giorgio's or GW's. Of course the Friday the 13th is offered by Pizza Hut under a different name.

You will notice the theme. It was suggested to me by Brian that I should have a theme. He even suggested Horror or Cult Classics. Hince the horror names for our pizzas. Our daily, weekly, and monthly specials will have a theme also. Such as the Jackie Stiles Special.

It should be noted there is only two crusts for our pizzas. I am not counting the Friday the 13th as it is one of the other two crusts with the edges of the crust wrapped around string cheese. Anyways we have only thin and hand tossed. Due to the screens we use we can't do deep pan as much as I would like to.

Although I have delivery prices for the Queen they will more than likely be not for delivery till I either buy an SUV to haul them in or manage to hire someone who can haul them. You almost need an SUV to haul them. I have seen people try resting them on their dash and the seat of their truck. It's not wise of course. People have even tried putting them in their trunks. They don't fit. The only way I could transport it myself is in the bed of my truck. Even then I wouldn't suggest that. A good breeze could blow the top of the box off unless secured somehow.

On the Specials pages you will notice the theme again. Except instead of horror this celebrity. Except Shriners everyone of those is a celebrity that had their starts in Springfield or Missouri. Don Johnson is the only one I think didn't have his start in Springfield. He was born in Flat Creek, Missouri though. I am thinking as a marketing ploy I will create a College Station special, if I get a location close to College Station, to help draw business from there. Also I am thinking University students who flash their student ids will get a dollar or two off one pizza. Brian has a similar thing going on at his lebanon store where he has a special named after the sports mascot and to get that special you have to show your high school id.

Actually I would be the third person in the state. Giorgio's Pizza in Lebanon, owned by my friend Brian, was the first. His Dad who owns GW's Pizza in St. Roberts would be the second. I would be the First in Springfield though.

I had started on a website months ago for this. You can find it http://onestoppizza.com

One page is currently returning 404 as I have yet to finish it. It's the Contact Us page. And ignore the Gifts page as it currently has only gift certificates that would be useless untill I opened. Though I want to add logoed items to that page for sale also. Ya know t-shirts, hats and the like.

Anyways I am drawing your attention to the Menu page. First off notice the prices. The large, same size as Pizza Huts large, is about half the price of Pizza Hut's large. The King is about a dollar or two below Pizza Hut's large. And the Queen well look at it like this. 4 larges are about the same size as one Queen.

We have a few speciality pizzas that are unique to the stores I mentioned above as well as mine. In fact there is a couple on that menu I added personally for my store. The Grudge, and Friday the 13th are not offered at Giorgio's or GW's. Of course the Friday the 13th is offered by Pizza Hut under a different name.

You will notice the theme. It was suggested to me by Brian that I should have a theme. He even suggested Horror or Cult Classics. Hince the horror names for our pizzas. Our daily, weekly, and monthly specials will have a theme also. Such as the Jackie Stiles Special.

It should be noted there is only two crusts for our pizzas. I am not counting the Friday the 13th as it is one of the other two crusts with the edges of the crust wrapped around string cheese. Anyways we have only thin and hand tossed. Due to the screens we use we can't do deep pan as much as I would like to.

Although I have delivery prices for the Queen they will more than likely be not for delivery till I either buy an SUV to haul them in or manage to hire someone who can haul them. You almost need an SUV to haul them. I have seen people try resting them on their dash and the seat of their truck. It's not wise of course. People have even tried putting them in their trunks. They don't fit. The only way I could transport it myself is in the bed of my truck. Even then I wouldn't suggest that. A good breeze could blow the top of the box off unless secured somehow.

On the Specials pages you will notice the theme again. Except instead of horror this celebrity. Except Shriners everyone of those is a celebrity that had their starts in Springfield or Missouri. Don Johnson is the only one I think didn't have his start in Springfield. He was born in Flat Creek, Missouri though. I am thinking as a marketing ploy I will create a College Station special, if I get a location close to College Station, to help draw business from there. Also I am thinking University students who flash their student ids will get a dollar or two off one pizza. Brian has a similar thing going on at his lebanon store where he has a special named after the sports mascot and to get that special you have to show your high school id.

Banks want everything spelled out for them. If you can be thorough and concise you will probably get the loan. The most important thing that you can do is have an effective cost analysis of your menu. Find out some prices from a distributor and break it down on a per item basis. For example:

Freddy Kruger Pizza:

8oz dough: .75

6oz Chicken 1.00

5oz Marinara .20

3oz BBQ sauce .10

7oz cheese .80

total cost 2.85

These are hypothetical numbers but you can see the point. When you determine your profit margin for your food items, then determine your total amount of bills. (rent, utilities, labor, etc.) You can then calculate the total number of pizzas that you will need to sell to make a profit. Unless your credit is horrible I think that a bank would grant the loan with this type of research done.

Also unless something should happen between now and then I am looking at a possible Halloween opening.

I already know food costs. Although Lebanon is smaller, Brian's (my friend that owns the Giorgio's Pizza in Lebanon) food cost per pizza should be about the same especially if I use the same supplier he does. I'm using his recipes so I figure on most items food costs are going to be the same as his. The only thing that is going to be different is profit margin. I expect my profit to be at least two to three times what he does. And my prices as set now are set to insure profit. In fact my prices are a smudge higher than Brians. For a Large he charges $6.75. I charge about a $1 or $2 more than he does. Anyways your sample was pretty close to being accurate. Especially with us making our own dough. It's cheaper to make our own dough than to buy premade dough balls or even skins. In fact I have a Business Plan finished and being revised as I write this due to the location change. Different locations will have slightly different numbers of potential customers. I expect I can have the revision done in a months time, preferably a couple weeks.

As I said thats why the prices on the menu are set where they are. If I'm lucky I might be able to go to the banks next week. I got a couple things to fine tune on my business plan and then I will be ready. And if my luck holds maybe I will have the money in hand by the end of the month at which point I will be a month ahead of schedule.

I'm looking at two locations right now that are in the area of College Station. I'm sure though they are not the only ones. With me currently living in Lebanon I don't get the chance to get to Springfield very often. I have a small favor to ask. Next time someone is near the College Station project take a look around and see if you can find any place that is for lease or sale and note the address if you can and the realtor, and if you have a digital camera take a picture or two. It would be much appreciated. That is the last detail I have to work out before I go to the bank.

So far browsing realtor websites I have only found about 4 places in the general area of College Station. One is on the Square and is like $700,000 which is too much for me. Another is on Campbell and it is more reasonable in price but it only has 1300 square feet, a little too small even for a carryout/delivery only restaurant. The next is one of the two I am looking at on Walnut. It has 2000 square feet per floor. Which would give room for 2 or 3 tables. Its $350,000. The last is on College around the corner from the parking garage. It's about 1500 square foot which would be big enough for a carryout/delivery restaurant.

I really need someone who's in Springfield to help me out. Thanks in advance.

I'm looking at two locations right now that are in the area of College Station. I'm sure though they are not the only ones. With me currently living in Lebanon I don't get the chance to get to Springfield very often. I have a small favor to ask. Next time someone is near the College Station project take a look around and see if you can find any place that is for lease or sale and note the address if you can and the realtor, and if you have a digital camera take a picture or two. It would be much appreciated. That is the last detail I have to work out before I go to the bank.

So far browsing realtor websites I have only found about 4 places in the general area of College Station. One is on the Square and is like $700,000 which is too much for me. Another is on Campbell and it is more reasonable in price but it only has 1300 square feet, a little too small even for a carryout/delivery only restaurant. The next is one of the two I am looking at on Walnut. It has 2000 square feet per floor. Which would give room for 2 or 3 tables. Its $350,000. The last is on College around the corner from the parking garage. It's about 1500 square foot which would be big enough for a carryout/delivery restaurant.

I really need someone who's in Springfield to help me out. Thanks in advance.

That is a website I haven't seen before, thanks Pyaxi.

On a side note. Admin, Moderators your really should consider splitting this thread it has gone way off topic.