Forum meet this Saturday

smeagolsfree

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to make this one but the call of the skatepark might be stronger Saturday morning. After all, fighting off the ravages of obesity is almost as important as fighting global warming. Is it not?

I would like to make a suggestion. How about combining the forum meets with the schedule of the forums at the Nashville Civic Design Center. From my association with the NCDC and the UP.org Nashville forum I would say that the UP.org members are much more well informed and allow (somewhat) more diversity of opinion than the NCDC. The NCDC could use our help to enliven their discussions.

This might not be a practical replacement for the Saturday morning meets but might rather be a supplement to them. Otherwise it would be nice to have either a topic of discussion or a guest invited for the forum meets.

Let me know if I can help.

Everything I have heard comes from "Nashvillebound". He said he has heard from two different people that have seen the renderings that it is a 28 story building. As for NB source, I would rather he comment on that. I dont know how close or distant this person is to the developer.

I again have to say that you are missing out by only posting on UP and not coming to the meetings. What a refreshing change it is to see faces and not just words. Also I hope you all realize and respect the work that smeagolsfree puts into this site and Nashville everyday!!!

Hank, wife Cindy (very nice seeing you again, Cindy) and I ventured into the Encore sales office for a while after the group began splitting up. We toured the model and used unknown self-control and bypassed the nice nacho bar spead set up in the model area. There was a presentation going on on the technological aspects of the building and units which I guess we crashed, but we were made welcome nonetheless.

Venturing up Broadway we stopped in the Cadillac Ranch and did the grand tour of the interior. This place just might work much better than either the NASCAR Cafe or Red Iguana, the building's previous incarnations. It's very nice inside, loved the 1960 Cadillac hanging over the bar. The building is full of surprises. The staff couldn't have been more cordial to us. I plan to check this place out one night soon.

We hit The Stage, Roberts, Tootsies and some other of the honky tonks where at 11 .am. all but Tootsies had live music. The talent made it very evident that this is Nashville and the singers were top-notch. We had a great time. The two young ladies singing in one of them made quite the statements in their high stilettos and one very loosely worn, carefully cut t-shirt. Hank, you may or may not want to elaborate on this one. lol.

Along the way we encountered The Naked Cowboy doing his thing on the corner of 4th and Broadway. Yep, just like Times Square, New York, Seattle, Japan and the other places he's visited, he was quite entertaining. Lots of posing with tourists. The ladies on the street seemed more than eager to have their spouses photographing them while they put a carefully placed pinch on the Cowboy. It was quite a sight to say the least. For more see nakedcowboy.com. This guy gets around.

We visited the SunTrust to see if the Sig sales office was open and the sleepy guard didn't know much except that they were currently working on that floor. We'll check back later.

It was then off to The Hermitage Hotel for a lobby tour and of course, I made sure Cindy and Hank saw the art deco men's room. Pretty amazing as always. We parted and H and C were off for fish tacos and beyond.

I was back downtown this morning for my morning exercise walk. Made some new friends. Larry at Ernest Tubb's Record Store, Jan, the security guard at the Ryman, and Melissa at 417 Union where I stopped in for a post walk, and very wonderful breakfast. I plan to make 417 a regular Sunday morning stop.

I love this town.

Archived