MSU seeks school site for 50-100 med students

wolverine

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like the DMC would be a good partnership for them.

When I worked in the dean's office in the College of Human Medicine I sat in on many meetings in regards to their GR expansion. Though this will not be as big, it's still going to take a whole ton of time and patients to see something work out. I am curious to see how COM pulls it out.

Sounds like the DMC would be a good partnership for them.

When I worked in the dean's office in the College of Human Medicine I sat in on many meetings in regards to their GR expansion. Though this will not be as big, it's still going to take a whole ton of time and patients to see something work out. I am curious to see how COM pulls it out.

I wouldn't hold your breath on this one. even if it happens it won't be for a long time. I was at msu when they proposed this; that probably in the year 2000. it was at least 3 or 4 years later that I heard the next announcement. it was a very slow process which I believe still hasn't been completed.

I wouldn't think that this would go any faster although they wouldn't be constructing as many facilities as they did in grand rapids which may speed things up.

I'm not sure what the skepticism is about. They are moving a part of the school to Southeast Michigan just like they did to West Michigan, and the process has already started. Whether its coming to Detroit or the suburbs is up for debate, but this isn't any less a big deal than the move to West Michigan. They are setting a very tentative Summer 2008 date, but even if it drags on another year that's only two years away.

I'm not sure what the skepticism is about. They are moving a part of the school to Southeast Michigan just like they did to West Michigan, and the process has already started. Whether its coming to Detroit or the suburbs is up for debate, but this isn't any less a big deal than the move to West Michigan. They are setting a very tentative Summer 2008 date, but even if it drags on another year that's only two years away.

Archived