Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunrisese

What! will chattanooga population will it chach up with claksville

9 posts in this topic

I have family in East brainerd he says there are a lot of poeplo moving in What do you think.If chattanooga becomes 5th largest will it hurt the city?

I don't see how it would hurt the city much, it will still be a major urban and metropolitan area for the state. Plus, for the forseeable future it will have a better name ID than Clarksville, which means a lot too when it comes to businessess and folks looking at locating to a city.

The Chattanooga metro is at least three times that of the Clarksville msa. Also, Clarksville is overshadowed by Nashville, but Chattanooga is out there by itself in SE Tennessee. Plus, Hamilton County is at least twice as populous as Montgomery. So Clarksville will have a very long way to go before it's giving Chattanooga a run for the money.

The Chattanooga metro is at least three times that of the Clarksville msa. Also, Clarksville is overshadowed by Nashville, but Chattanooga is out there by itself in SE Tennessee. Plus, Hamilton County is at least twice as populous as Montgomery. So Clarksville will have a very long way to go before it's giving Chattanooga a run for the money.

Chattanooga's population could jump 30k people if it decided to annex them, they are located just outside of the city limits. Hamilton county is over 300k, where is Montgomery County at these days?

My actuary friend who lives at Sewanee told me that he expects Knoxville to have more than 200K by the next census. Most of that would come from growth without annexation.

My actuary friend who lives at Sewanee told me that he expects Knoxville to have more than 200K by the next census. Most of that would come from growth without annexation.