Pine Street Flats

ATLBrain

Does anybody have any more information on this one? It will be built by Bristol and designed by Looney Ricks Kiss.

First time I had heard of it was in William's NCP article last week (WW, do you have any details on this design?):

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...p;news_id=54202

Then Chas Sisk in the Tennessean:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...1109/BUSINESS04

Then this brief mention in the Tennessean:

http://my.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...021301/70130034

So on two blocks with Icon, Terrazzo, Velocity and PSF, I count apx. 1000 residences. That's quite impressive density for any city. That's the tip of the iceberg too, with Rhythm, Eakins, Giarratana's, and the units in the W coming up nearby.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pine Street Flats project just seems to come out of nowhere. I think it's great that Bristol is putting in so many downtown units that will be affordable to those less than rich. The Gulch will be brimming with resident by 2009. I see Bristol having little trouble selling these projects out. They will be priced "right".

Yest , there will be over 1,000 units in the Gulch by 2009, and I'm sure by then even more on the way. There will be an absolute explosion of people living downtown. By 2010, at 2,000 will be living in the Gulch alone, not counting the nearby Eakins, Rhythm, and "W" projects. There will another 1,000 living in the Streuver Bros Sounds project, and at least another 1,000 in Rolling Mill Hill. Not to mention at least 2,000 living in the three Giarratana projects, Signature Tower, the Viridian, and The Encore. Just these projects I've mentioned will total 6,000 downtown residents. I stand by my previous vision of downtown Nashville of a grand total of 30,000 living in downtown by 2017, ten years from now.

You and me both missing it. So much to read and so little time. I knew it was only a mater of time before the apartment question would be asked. Many of the DT apartments have been converted to condos and lofts. I think you will see some major developments in the near future close to DT. A great palce would be between Charlotte and Church around 15th, 16th Ave. There are a lot of crap buildings down there and would offer a great view of DT.

Amazing that only about a year and a half ago we were getting excited over projects like the Wesley Bernard on Long Blvd. Nashville is RED HOT. We are about to see even more of a boom than anyone knows here. Just speculating from what I have seen, rumors I have heard, and things I can guess.

I went through the Velocity thread to get an idea of where the PSF would be. Accroding to a graphic in that thread, the Velocity would be next to the icon sales center. That means the PSF would be between the Icon and the Velocity.

Judging by the number of units, the height of the Velocity and the height of the Icon, I bet this wount be too tall. Maybe a few floors like five or six. Any other opinions???????

There are a couple of streets that run from 13th to 12th. One is Laural and the other is Pine. Pine st is the closer to 12th and Division and runs on the back side of Laural House. Thus the name Laural House. I would guess it will be on the next block behind Laural house going toward Division. Remember, this is just a guess. I will get on the story and maybe William can shed some more light this weekend.

I believe the idea for Pine Street (at least at one point) was to extend it all the way towards (and over) the railyard and eventually connect with a street on the 8th Avd side of the tracks. I don't know if that is still a posibility or not.

I would really like to see what the plans for Velocity and Pine Street flats will look like. There will be some room between the developments and the railyard to create a park or hidden parking or something (depending on where the property lines for the railyard begin). I wonder how that will be utilized. I did see in the article a mention of a dog park for Velocity and Pine Street residents.

From Richard's article: "Hines promises that Velocity's design won't be like anything else in Nashville. "We have traveled all over the country outside the South and looked at some really cutting-edge designs that weren't in Nashville," she said. Hines said the interior finishes also would be unlike anything else found in Nashville. She didn't want to disclose just yet the types of urban projects she and her team looked at elsewhere or the types of finishes planned for the units."

Can't wait to see what they come up with. Richard, can you say if you have seen anything confirming the claim of a cutting edge design?

Oh, that will be nice! Surely that will be an attractive place to live with stinky diesel powered trains sounding their whistles and rattling the dishes at 3 a.m.

The gultch is going to be a "hobo" heaven. Just think of all the attractive pan handling opportunities afforded by the easy transportation.

I also wonder about the "night life" this area is going to attract. Are all of the "bridge and interstate" crusiers going to abandon Lower Broad and Second Ave. in favor of the Gultch? Someone get the sidewalk surviellance cameras ready.

Archived