Pine Street Flats

ATLBrain

B&W I do agree that you have a tendincy to over simplify things. Issues are NOT BLACK & WHITE. There is a lot of gray out there, but I agree with your statement on letting people do as they please. If you like the suburbs, live there, If you like the city, live there. Fact is most people find it easier or nicer to have their kids grow up in the burbs. One, you get more room for your money, and two, its more affordable when your talking about a multi-head family, and threee in most large urban areas they feel the schools are better the farther they get from the core of the city. There is something new happening though. A large trend is happening accross the states. Retiries are flocking back to the cities now that there is an empty nest for a number of different reasons. It's all a matter of preference and we are all entitiled to both. I live in the burbs but look forward to the day of moving into the city. I won't move for political or enviromental reasons, I'll move because I just love the feel of big cities, plus I'm sick and tired of raking my darn leaves.

As for why you keep trying to entice people into the Global Warming argument I have no idea. It is as if your trying to pick an argument for the sake of argueinig. The core of the argument is not one for this forum. This is a development forum. Yes, I know you'll say that people think urban living is better for the enviroment and "urban living" is where the argument is for this forum. But the argument goes way deeper than just urban living and is not needed here. Besides, that argument has been played out many of times here in the development side of urban planet.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can discuss it all you want, but I'm not getting baited into it. You are so quick to steriotype, belittle, cutdown and trash anyone who has any idea or comment that doesn't sit well with you. I am open to full disscussion but what your talking about has already been beaten to death. It's not needed again and especially under a thread titled PINE STREET FLATS. If you want to disscuss global warming and spin your voodo mumbo jumbo that "we" have nothing to do with it then start a thread for it.

WHAT?????? Are you setting the rules for discussion as an administrator?

I welcome anyone discussing anything they want. I've never said that I didn't support the financial success of DT development. I do. I hope that a lot of people make a lot of money and their lives are all better off for the effort.

If you don't like my opinions then I guess you could call for my banishment, malign my reputation and stomp off in a huff like Garry Gaston did not long ago. That sort of behavior illustrates the core of a person

This needs to cease immediately, or this topic will be terminated by admin. I've been warned before, and BW's post sounds alot like what I got warned for, being opnionated. This is not the topic, post, or forum, infact, the website to really discuss this nonsense, I've already sent a report to admin, I'm recommending this stop, and stop now or they will terminate this topic.

I enjoy reading all the commentary, but placement is an issue it seems. It's easy to start a Coffee House topic and that's where much of this personal ideaology should land. It's easy to get off track, but we shouldn't have to rely on monsoon to clean up behind us. He has enough to do.

Any and all positions in a debate are crucial to the success of the debate. Agree or not, it's what makes us who we are. Placement should be considered. Perhaps a directive to the location of a moved discussion would be a good idea by he/she who wants to explore a topic which deviates from its title. It would sure help the casual visitor who wants to know about "Pine Street Flats" or whatever, and transfer the discussion to a location better suited for those involved. (and those of us who want to read it).

That's my take.

• 3 months later...

Now that the Velocity artist rendering has been introduced..Does anyone have a clue what the Pine Street Flats project will look like. I'm still curious to see how a proposed six-story building constructed right next door to the ICON is not going to block any city views.. of the lower 4-5 stories of ICON. I know that on the www.iconinthegulch.com website the Bristol group (who is developing Pine Street Flats) advertises "Twenty-two stories with unobstructed city views" I'm just not sure how this statement will hold true if Pine Street Flats is being built along 11th Avenue with street level storefronts..inbetween the ICON and Velocity projects. Does anyone have any takes on this?

I dont think the PS Lofts are going to be very tall maybe three levels. The lower level of the Icon is about 20 feet higher elevation thatn where the PS Lofts will be and the first level of the Icon to my understanding is retail. That level is at least 15' tall before you even get to the residential section. So, I dont think there will be any views blocked. Someone correct me if this assumption is wrong.

Now that the Velocity artist rendering has been introduced..Does anyone have a clue what the Pine Street Flats project will look like. I'm still curious to see how a proposed six-story building constructed right next door to the ICON is not going to block any city views.. of the lower 4-5 stories of ICON. I know that on the www.iconinthegulch.com website the Bristol group (who is developing Pine Street Flats) advertises "Twenty-two stories with unobstructed city views" I'm just not sure how this statement will hold true if Pine Street Flats is being built along 11th Avenue with street level storefronts..inbetween the ICON and Velocity projects. Does anyone have any takes on this?

It seems to me that "views" are taking on the defintion of "skyline" views only. If density is to be achieved as so many want, skyline views are going to be compromised and available only at a premium. I would never consider myself as not having a view just because the entire Nashville skyline wasn't available from my window. Some of the most engaging views of urban living are what's nearby on the streets and from your window. Whether it's a tower or a group of people or a mid-rise wall of buildings, views take on many different perspectives. As a matter of fact, I'd much rather overlook an interesting streetscape full of activity and shops than just a nice photo op of the skyline. That's my take.

Great observation, Dave! If the Gulch is one day completely filled out with housing, retail and office projects, the view from every window will be great in my opinion. This is a dream I have for the area that I sincerely hope get fulfilled.

Great observation, Dave! If the Gulch is one day completely filled out with housing, retail and office projects, the view from every window will be great in my opinion. This is a dream I have for the area that I sincerely hope get fulfilled.

Archived