PROPOSED: Expansion at UConn Health Center

mikel

this is some amazing stuff.

the real interesting thing is that this might not be the end of it. between this development and the change to the med center, Ill be interested to se if any other companies move to the property and bring more jobs.

look at science park in new haven, this kind of stuff actually works.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is some amazing stuff. the real interesting thing is that this might not be the end of it. between this development and the change to the med center, Ill be interested to se if any other companies move to the property and bring more jobs. look at science park in new haven, this kind of stuff actually works.

Yeah, I mean this is just an illustration of what being aggressive with public investment and economic development can reap. If this plan works out the way that it's planned to I'm sure there will be other companies and labs that will be looking our way. It should also compliment what is happening over at Pfizer down in Groton. This puts us right in the mix internationally for the next generation of medical innovation. There is still so much negativitely in this state that many think this is not a big deal or not a good deal but these folks really have no vision. This is a huge win for Malloy. I know most hate the guy but I'm honestly impressed. The guy is just getting started and he already snagged a Fortune 500 headquarters with Cigna and is really going to make the UConn Health Center into a global center of bioscience and medical research.

right there with you HT.

With limited financial resources there have been some actual gains. I would love to see what could be done if we were on a better financial footing. What if the state had more money to lure businesses and industries.

I would say that another potential major win for mallow was union concessions. I mean if the whole budget wrangling thing that led to layoffs and their rescinding, he is actually playing hardball with the state unions, so hopefully in 10 years we wont be bankrupted by our pension obligations and such, and maybe we can eventually figure out how to lower taxes.

• 2 years later...

So, I now drive by this area every day for work. 

I also ended up in the hospital one day for a little health scare...

This "campus" is absolutely ape spit with construction!!!

There are two cranes clearly visible from 84

one is a tower crane... Have not see one of those since... Hartford 21 ? I honestly dont know

Here is an article about the lab with an overhead shot

http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/article/20131004/NEWS01/131009946/1003

I think the tower crane is at the site of the amblatory surgery center.

http://biosciencect.uchc.edu/building_projects/interactivemodel.html

They built the parking garages first I think and I gotta say they are pretty big and will make this campus much more organized.  the new buildings being more self contained and less parking fields and such.

here is the new tower that might just be getting started

http://biosciencect.uchc.edu/patientcaretower/index.html

this is the ambulatory center that I think has the crane.

http://biosciencect.uchc.edu/ambulatory_care/index.html

anyways, besides the garages there are 3 full on buildings under construction.. its very impressive!

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...